What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Flow Sensor compatible with MB 3 pin header

bjcsoln

Can anyone recommend a flow sensor that has a 3pin output (Flow in/Flow Power/Gnd -or at least that'ss the pin description on my ASUS MB). Koolance had a nice pass through one, but the output was only a 2 pin (although not sure if I could jury-rig something based on the pin signals).

Thanks in advance!

clshades

3 pin

bjcsoln

clshades - Daz was the first place I went - and while I saw that EK Flow indicator, I didn't realize that it also had a digital output (I thought it was just a visual sensor). Thanks for verifying this and back to the DAZ!

bjcsoln

Wait - that flow sensor has a 3 pin output, but isnt it just for the RGB? Looking at the spec sheets, I don't see an output for the flow rate?

clshades

There's others there. From my limited experience with flow sensors many of them need a dongle to correctly convert RPM to GPM. It's not a perfectly accurate system, at least it wasn't back then. Mainly what I was after was to shut the PC down when no flow was detected. IE: pump failure. Pretty sure the D5 laing pumps have a cpu header wire for this potential problem, but it wouldn't accurately convert RPM to GPM without the extension. I used the Koolance inline flow sensor on the secondary CPU header. If you follow the second link you'll see the other options at Daz. The Koolance inline is very small but you need the extension to convert it to GPM/LPM. I didn't bother with the extension I just wanted shut down on failure. Which never happened.

Last edited:

bjcsoln

I did order a Barrow one from Daz (should be in on Monday) - it doesnt have a digital output :( but it looked pretty cool. All of the rest of my sensors though will get displayed on a little LCD panel on the bottom of my build, really wanted to include the flow sensor but worst comes to worst, I will live without it

clshades

Here's another place to look around. Most of these sensors require the dongle. I'm not sure how your mobo would convert that.

clshades

Not sure if Frozencpu is still in business but they have a massive selection.

Side note: be really f#%king careful on this site... It can potentially suck your bank account dry :p Not to mention time... it's like youtube for water cooling hobbyists. lol.

Latest posts