What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding a la GTX 285

Eldonko

Adjust 1 thing at a time, you cant say mem makes a diff when you are adjusting core mem and shaders together. Core increase will give a slight PPD boost, mem as well to a lesser extent. Shaders give huge PPD boost.

CasheKicker

Well after almost a week of tweeting this is what I have found to be my most efficient clocks. With this setup I am very stable and get my highest PPD. The bonus to this is when playing I found depending on where my clock were set I would start to get the high pitch noise described by many with these cards. However, when I am running these speeds the sound virtually disappears.

650C/1650S/1350M with fans at 50% temps read 73deg C with this I am getting 8700-9242ppd on the 353 WU, 8500-9479ppd on the 384 WU and around 6898 - 7237ppd with the 511WU.

Not to sure how that compares but it is what I am getting.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Thanks cashe. My 285 will be here in just over a week hopefully. If the card does not squeal too much I might try to get the shaders a little higher. I'll post when I figure my future card out.

Dashock

I have put both my Memory and Core down several times in incriments of 100-200 and have found little/no difference in PPD. This is with my 8800GT, if there was a difference it was so small that it could have been because i was using the computer with applications at the time. Shader clock seems to be the only thing that effects your ppd. As for temperature im not sure as the most i have ever gotten this card to is 40 degrees. BTW i have also underclocked my cpu i did this testing awhile back and posted a thread, when folding i have my stock Xeon E3110 from 3.0ghz to 1.6ghz-1.4ghz and still see little to no impact on the ppd. Save yer money and just overclock the crap outta the Shaders. Also i think decreasing the core and memory might give you a boost in the Shaders.