What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding @ Home F.A.Q.

Zero82z

Banned
I'm cooling them with the stock double-slot coolers. I won't be doing any BIOS modding. At some point this month I will be selling my 4870, and my GTX260 and one 9600GSO are going into my main rig, so I'll be able to overclock the shaders independently through software without having to resort to BIOS modding. The second 9600GSO will stay as-is for the time being, although once SMP2 is released I will be putting Windows on that box so I'll be able to overclock the shaders on that card as well.

_dangtx_

Banned
ok. are they loud? bios modding as in vgpu core 1.15 or hwatever highest is left available to you. i think i had my 9600...hmm...past 1800mhz. stock cooler single slot->removed noisy fan->ziptied an 80mm fan on top. then i went tr v2 for even better temps. in the end the 9600gso's produce quite something for the price that you may find them used.i.e.50$. altough a couple of highly clocked as well 8800gt/gts 's will better fill the slots, and of course the 260's. cant wait for those to become 100$ used/mainstream .

Zero82z

Banned
They're a bit loud but not obnoxious. I'm not sensitive to fan noise, so it doesn't bother me. Right now my temps aren't too good since I've got three dual-slot video cards crammed into a small case that wasn't designed for such a heat load, but once I make my changes later on this month things should be much more manageable. And I haven't played around much with overclocking since under Linux I don't have control over shader speeds (I have to change my GPU speed to change my shader speed; I'm limited with my GTX260 as well because of that).

And I won't say what I paid for them, but it was quite a bit better than $50 per card...

_dangtx_

Banned
if you have the cards stacked together, then you need a 120mm to blow or suck air on the 3. basically bracket or zip tie it on the side very close. you must be a young fella, usually fan noise gets to you after 25 :p
and i tought you were under winders! ha.

a while ago, before i ooked into them for folding, soe dude was selling a small box..came to maybe 20-35 per piece. oem or whatever reference nvidia.

geokilla

In order to get [email protected] to start up automatically each time you turn on the computer, create a shortcut to the client and place it in the Startup folder of Windows.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter