What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding @ Home New Users Guide - V7 Client

MARSTG

Guys a quick question. I have upgraded my [email protected] client control to V7 7.2.9 from V7 7.1.52. I was reading here somewhere that people felt it was stable and giving a boost in PPD. I have found the opposite.
No, actually you need to replace the core15 for the Fermi with ver 2.22 from older clients. pause the folding or quit completely, delete the core, replace with the older one and should get the same score as before.

LoTech

Well that was alot easier than the last time I tried folding. I'm up and running again with the 3570K and a 680 Lightning. :thumb:
Great to have you back in the "fold". Don't forget the chimp challenge coming up and tell your friends!!!!Way To Fold

stoanee

Trouble with the new 7.3.6.......

Downloading it ceased all my folding on this machine I have with me at work. Somehow the network will not let it download any wu's. I am trying different ports but am in no way a network guru, looks like this machine may be offline for CC unless anyone has better suggestions. Will see if I can get "old school" gpu etc clients going.

:doh:

great_big_abyss

This guide is outdated. The new V7 client setup is completely different. I need to get around to refreshing it. Maybe this weekend.

Shredder

Looking for assistance in getting more ppd from the 7950 cards, Right now its not worth the power to run them for [email protected]

They are using 40 percent gpu processor each and give off 1400 points in 1.3 days? Wth? AMD Driver is 12.100.17.0 on a 980x @ 4.2 ghz, win7 64 bit, 11 core smp (Ver 7 decided on the 11 cores)

Any ideas?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Use the latest AMD beta driver, and my 7950 (using the old V7.1.9 client) is good for 30-35k ppd. SMP 11 is fine, allowing a core for the GPUs. Going for twins, I'd try SMP 10...

LegendMask

This guide is outdated. The new V7 client setup is completely different. I need to get around to refreshing it. Maybe this weekend.
Please do, because Im newbie in this thing, I tried to do it long time ago, but failed really hard.

I just installed it and running CPU only, trying to maximize it and use the GPU as well.

PS: Thanks a lot for your effort.

EDIT: Found it, now using CPU and GPU at full power Way To Fold

Last edited:
Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter