What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding @ Home New Users Guide - V7 Client

Shredder

Resolved

Use the latest AMD beta driver, and my 7950 (using the old V7.1.9 client) is good for 30-35k ppd. SMP 11 is fine, allowing a core for the GPUs. Going for twins, I'd try SMP 10...
I took your advice 3.0Charlie , installed the "latest beta Driver" and the gpu useage did climb up to 89 percent. Thank you.

How do I get the client to run the cpu slot as smp as it is stuck as a uniprocessor? I have tried editting the config.xml and it crashes the whole lot.

Last edited:

MARSTG

How do I get the client to run the cpu slot as smp as it is stuck as a uniprocessor? I have tried editting the config.xml and it crashes the whole lot.
by default it stays at -1 value, change it to how many threads you have and then move the slider to Full.

MonsterSound

trouble folding with GPU

Hello,
I wanted to add GPU folding for the CC and I've had no luck getting it working.
I keep getting
:Run: exception thrown in GuardedRun -- cannot continue further.
no matter what I have tried.

Here is what I have done so far:
I added the GPU slot w default index. GPU 7970 recognized, but Failed.
Upgraded client from 7.1 to latest 7.3.6, - same result - Failed
Lowered OC to 4.4ghz, same result.
(btw, I've tried the CPU at 3 or 4 cores and the GPU folding fails either way)
Updated vid drivers from 13.1 to 13.3 beta - same result.
Clean install of client 7.3.6 - same result.
If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
P.S. I have been running the CPU/client 24/7 @ 100% for almost a year on the same CPU/settings of 4.6ghz without a problem, so I assumed it was stable.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter