What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding @ Home New Users Guide - V7 Client

Shadowmeph

I am watercooled using a stinger v8 waterblock and I am OC to 3.8 which is probably as high as this cpu likes to go lol when I am folding and just doing my normal pc stuff the temps might get up to 50c it is just when I am gaming that it gets way up .I think that I will drop my clock speed down to stock and see how much of a difference the temperatures are . lol I had actually forgotten that I had the cpu overclocked ty for pointing this out.

great_big_abyss

Weird. There is be no reason that I can think of for the CPU temp to shoot up like that when you're gaming and folding at the same time. I know mine certainly does not (playing games from Skyrim to Civ5)

What's even weirder is that you're running a custom loop, and you have a 'mild' (for an 1100) overclock applied - certainly milder than my 1055T's 1.1GHZ increase. Your temp should be lower than mine under load!

MARSTG

it is the FAH GPU tracker that I use, and it does not seem to catch A4 cores at all, giving me more PPD.

LoTech

Folding Team
Upgrade or Clean Install V7

Guys a quick question. I have upgraded my F@H client control to V7 7.2.9 from V7 7.1.52. I was reading here somewhere that people felt it was stable and giving a boost in PPD. I have found the opposite. I have decreased my PPD with the upgrade about 5-10K PPD per machine. My question is, would it be better to do a clean install rather than the upgrade? The upgrade allows you to keep your data files and to resume folding from where you left off. I presume a clean install wipes out everything, and one starts over. Next question if one does a clean install is there other steps that need to be taken to remove all hints of the past installation? Such as registry cleaning.

thanks!!!

PcWizTech

Hello, I just joined this. I'm not sure if im posting in the wrong thread, but id like a folding tag?

LoTech

Folding Team
Guys a quick question. I have upgraded my F@H client control to V7 7.2.9 from V7 7.1.52. I was reading here somewhere that people felt it was stable and giving a boost in PPD. I have found the opposite. I have decreased my PPD with the upgrade about 5-10K PPD per machine. My question is, would it be better to do a clean install rather than the upgrade? The upgrade allows you to keep your data files and to resume folding from where you left off. I presume a clean install wipes out everything, and one starts over. Next question if one does a clean install is there other steps that need to be taken to remove all hints of the past installation? Such as registry cleaning.

thanks!!!

Not sure if anyone saw this. So I am fishing again.

thanks

great_big_abyss

I'm on 7.2.9. I haven't noticed any difference in PPD from one to the other, then again, I also changed cards when I changed to the new version. Plus, I was getting those 8057 beta units, so PPD actually went drastically UP.

For the folding data, look in: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient

All your WU information should be there.