What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding @ Home New Users Guide - V7 Client

Shredder

Resolved

Use the latest AMD beta driver, and my 7950 (using the old V7.1.9 client) is good for 30-35k ppd. SMP 11 is fine, allowing a core for the GPUs. Going for twins, I'd try SMP 10...

I took your advice 3.0Charlie , installed the "latest beta Driver" and the gpu useage did climb up to 89 percent. Thank you.

How do I get the client to run the cpu slot as smp as it is stuck as a uniprocessor? I have tried editting the config.xml and it crashes the whole lot.

Last edited:

MARSTG

How do I get the client to run the cpu slot as smp as it is stuck as a uniprocessor? I have tried editting the config.xml and it crashes the whole lot.

by default it stays at -1 value, change it to how many threads you have and then move the slider to Full.

MonsterSound

trouble folding with GPU

Hello,
I wanted to add GPU folding for the CC and I've had no luck getting it working.
I keep getting
:Run: exception thrown in GuardedRun -- cannot continue further.
no matter what I have tried.

Here is what I have done so far:
I added the GPU slot w default index. GPU 7970 recognized, but Failed.
Upgraded client from 7.1 to latest 7.3.6, - same result - Failed
Lowered OC to 4.4ghz, same result.
(btw, I've tried the CPU at 3 or 4 cores and the GPU folding fails either way)
Updated vid drivers from 13.1 to 13.3 beta - same result.
Clean install of client 7.3.6 - same result.
If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
P.S. I have been running the CPU/client 24/7 @ 100% for almost a year on the same CPU/settings of 4.6ghz without a problem, so I assumed it was stable.

Latest posts