What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

[email protected] thread. Updated as necessary - _dangtx_

ITaoI

:ph34r:safe cpu vcore should be 1.5v and dan what your nb frequency? It good that you know to lower your ht link for more stability.

_dangtx_

Banned
:ph34r:safe cpu vcore should be 1.5v and dan what your nb frequency? It good that you know to lower your ht link for more stability.
1.5 it is. i havent touched the other voltages, no need. board can do a lot more, cpu cant i gues..unless theres some tweaks i havent figured out yet(probably). nb and sb especially must be better cooled for high sustained fsb's.

as for the nb ht links i put them around stock..in the bios it says one has to be lower than the other else itll be set to defaul=bad when oc. im pretty sure i can get any of the two(this board and this cpu) going above 3ghz easily ram forgiving. and cooling too..ill put the better cooler on when i dont feel lazy..should be a few more degrees off.

bwm

yeah ok but if you can buy twice the gpu power,wouldnt that mean more ppd? :)
Prolly, but I don't see AMD/ATI producing anything that beats nVidia ATM. And you know I don't like nVidia LOL except for GPU folding. Outside of that, I have no use for that company.

bwm

bro for folding even x4 dont matter..right? :)
I don't think that is true, but I can't prove it either. I've yet to see a truly credible test of vid card capabilities at x4 and x8, and no one ever will unless the an IEEE accredited lab does it.

_dangtx_

Banned
well no. amd board and cpu and nvidia gpu

took a few minutes for cinebench to treacherously steal the cycles from smp lol but it got a healthy 98% cpu usage....and it looks like some cores are faster lol

ITaoI

The temps your at look about right for the fsb your trying run btw what volts is it on? Stock for ht link is ok from 1.8-2.1 is the sweet spot anything higher no noticeable difference. You should try and aim for 2.4-2.6 nb frequency even 2.8 now that a noticeable difference. Just give you a rough idea my nb frequency atm is @ 2.4 with 1.3v. You should not need to increase sb volts at all so better cooling for that area isn't necessary i believe. BTW get a pic from cpuz for memory might be able help you abit more...

bwm

well no. amd board and cpu and nvidia gpu

took a few minutes for cinebench to treacherously steal the cycles from smp lol but it got a healthy 98% cpu usage....and it looks like some cores are faster lol

You know me dan, I don't dig into benchmarks like most enthusiasts do. Hard drives, yes, and you know why. But the rest of a rig, nah. Benchmarks are PPD for me, the PPD whore, das it :biggrin:

_dangtx_

Banned
the only voltage i touched is cpu 1.5 and mem 2.0.wich isstock for ram..

what screenies you need?

_dangtx_

Banned
ACC

looks like me chippie doesnt have l3 or i dont know what im doing(good possibility)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Twitter