What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding Noob :/

Xilikon

Error 5 Access denied = permission issue. I assume you're on Vista so I second the post above to install outside of Program Files.

kruzn4evr

Well, judging by my temps I think I got both cards are folding now, but I still haven't got fahmon working yet so I have no idea about the #'s. I'll work on that in the morning after see the score and # of WU's that were completed. But all in all?...WOOT!!:punk:

Alwaysrun

:angry2::help::doh: OMG we started the same day and your just crushing me now kruzn. Save some for us slowpokes will ya! Stop trying to cure cancer on your own! This folding is evil I tell ya. Now I want to go out and pick up some spare parts for my old P4 and get that back up and running to add to the mix.

Good stuff tho kruzn thats wicked. Did you get the SMP client going yet?:clap:

kruzn4evr

:rofl:...You had me lol'ing...scared hell out my cat :ph34r:....not out to crush anyone tho, I'm just tryin' to get my money's worth outta this rig!!..lol...and yes, it is evil but in a good way, I'm also going to get my backup rig folding hopefully by next and then the wifes just to see how many points they all can pull in.

I've had the SMP running but not with both cards, want to keep an eye on my temps for bit, I'll prolly try it though sooner or later..lol :thumb:

LCB001

:rofl:...You had me lol'ing...scared hell out my cat :ph34r:....not out to crush anyone tho, I'm just tryin' to get my money's worth outta this rig!!..lol...and yes, it is evil but in a good way, I'm also going to get my backup rig folding hopefully by next and then the wifes just to see how many points they all can pull in.

I've had the SMP running but not with both cards, want to keep an eye on my temps for bit, I'll prolly try it though sooner or later..lol :thumb:

You won't be able to get SMP running with ' Both Cards ' as its a CPU client not a GPU client.

To get Fahmon to work under Vista 64
make sure UAC is disabled
run the installer
make sure to change the install directory to C:\Fahmon\ not C:\programfilesx86...
allow it to place a shortcut in the start menu

right click on fahmon shortcut in the start menu and select 'run as administrator'
allow it to update
when it opens right click in the open pane click add new client
name new client
for GPU client browse to C:\username\appdata\roaming\ and select the F@H folder.
right click on the GPU client line in Fahmon and select 'reload this client'
if you have multiple GPU clients repeat for each one

hope this helps

matsta31

User Account control. It is this annoying vista ''security'' function that pops everytime you try to install something. It might even block your installation or disable your program if you are not under an administrator account. And since I am lazy I wont type the methods and leave you with a nice website :

Disable User Account Control in Windows Vista

kruzn4evr

Well, it doesn't matter now anyway....looks like I just lost one of the 280's and they weren't even oc'd!!!.....no idea what happened but all of a sudden the 2nd card isn't showing so either the card crapped out or maybe the PCI-E slot fried. I shut everything down and pulled both cards then reseated both but no luck, the 2nd card isn't registering in anything:censored::angry2::doh:

Latest posts