What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Folding WHILE mining??

mattydies

Just tried Mining WHILE Folding. Mining output dropped about 16% but F@H seems to be maintaining most of its output also - still measuring.
Anyone familiar or experienced with Folding while Mining? I'm rather stunned at the combined output so far banana

BACKGROUND. Bought a Laptop off a friend - MSI GP75 Leopard - I7 10750, RTX2070 max-q. Last week I formatted and reinstalled.
Then I started undervolting. -.130V on the core! -.030 on cache (50 failed post, didn't try 40 as the cache seems to have much less wattage to reduce), -.010 elsewhere (didn't try lower for the 10s). Using CPUid my CPU is hitting max 66 and hot spot 77 max. I have a modest cooling pad - strongly considering making my own with 12V and higher pressure fans. I've seen it much higher with stress testing. Laptop is still apart from pulling the CMOS battery {PITA} as I plan to redo the thermal paste to drop a few more degrees hopefully. I live 'out of town'. Waiting on paste, typing on laptop ATM.

Started Folding again Friday, Mining Saturday and Tonight I've been running both simultaneously for about a half hour now.

mattydies

It seems F@H was merely slow to accurately update TPF and time estimates.
I was baffled and basically crapping my pants wondering how it was possible.... Easy come easy go eh?

Latest posts

Twitter