What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

For those who think Noctua's are worth $20...

Bojamijams

They're not. At all. Let alone the fact you have to put up with that UGLY color scheme

XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Fan Mini-Review: Battle of the Big Name ~50CFM Fans

In open air performance they're alright. But put it against a heatsink/radiator/obstruction where its supposedly 'high static pressure' would shine and it fails.. miserably

"The Noctua P12 didn't quite live up to the hype. It's a pretty good performer, no doubt (its superiors are outstanding fans frankly), but it's not a killer like it looks and is hyped. It may be an overaggressive blade structure causing turbulence noise that brings it down."

That kind of performance on a $20 fan is inexcusable. A 7.99 yate loon beats it.

MpG

Bear in mind that Vapor's using one of Petra's YL's, and the regular variety (i.e. the ones from NCIX) are documented as being noticeably poorer. And you've got worse shipping/handling then getting stuff from Canada, which affects the true price of the fans, especially if you're not ordering anything else in the process.

You might also consider this review, where the fan comes out in first against the competition, acting beating out TWO Ultra Kazes at 1000rpm. Subjectively, I've found the Noctua's to be roughly equal to the S-Flex fans, rpm for rpm, albeit with a slightly lower tone. Obviously, that's not based on anything scientific, but I'm quite anal-retentive about computer noise, and I've been using both for some time now.

freakgeek1337

I agree with MpG, Vapor in fact did use PTS Yate Loons. Those are supposedly better than ANY other Yates out there.

But for slightly more noise, the Scythe S-Flex's are better IMHO. Plus they're $9 cheaper, multiply that by 4 case fans needed and you save $36. That's enough to buy a Sanyo Denki fan and still have $11 dollars left which is enough for you to buy another S-Flex.:thumb:

Bojamijams

Actually I asked where NCIX got their YL's and they said they dealt straight with the manufacturer which is why it took so long to get shipments of it at a time.

So apparently NCIX gets the REAL deal however I've also heard that YL doesn't make ALL the YL branded ones. For example, all the LED ones are 'fake' YLs.

miggs78

Actually I asked where NCIX got their YL's and they said they dealt straight with the manufacturer which is why it took so long to get shipments of it at a time.

So apparently NCIX gets the REAL deal however I've also heard that YL doesn't make ALL the YL branded ones. For example, all the LED ones are 'fake' YLs.
I wonder how true things are when somebody tells you that. Oh and Linus told me the same thing too, they get the fans straight from YL.

Cptn Vortex

I got the ZM-F3 Zalman fans for $5 each. They are excellent fans. Beating out the Yates as well.

MpG

I can't speak for NCIX's ordering channels, but unless they've changed in the last six months, NCIX's Yates are NOT the good ones. They're decent enough, but they definitely fall a little short of the S-Flex and Noctua P's.