What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Formatting Second HDD & One Other Question....

mlauzon

Banned
How do I format my second Samsung Spinpoint 1TB HDD from within Windows Vista so that it can be used as a storage drive for WinVista & WinXP, it's being seen by the BIOS, but Windows still does not see it..?!

Also, for some reason with WinXP Pro after I installed the display drivers for my monitor it shows 4 monitors, but number "1" just stays as PnP and doesn't mention the 245T, 2 and 4 do, 1 and 3 don't. I only have one monitor and it won't let me set the default to 2; or get it to only show 1 monitor so it will be the default with the 245T?

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Start>>>Run>>>diskmgmt.msc>>>right click the drive>>>Format

Follow any onscreen instructions should be pretty straightforward.

Uninstall any of PNP monitor drivers that were loaded and just unplug the monitor and plug it back in, it should load driver correctly and identify the monitor. I had simliar situation with my Samsung 930B did the same and it worked.

EE

mlauzon

Banned
Start>>>Run>>>diskmgmt.msc>>>right click the drive>>>Format

Follow any onscreen instructions should be pretty straightforward.

Uninstall any of PNP monitor drivers that were loaded and just unplug the monitor and plug it back in, it should load driver correctly and identify the monitor. I had simliar situation with my Samsung 930B did the same and it worked.

EE
It's giving me the following options, before letting me format:

MBR (Master Boot Record)
GPT (GUID Partition Table)

So, which one do I choose?

Eagle Eye

Yes look up the GUID partition and you'll understand what the difference is and why you choose a MBR instead.

EE

Eagle Eye

It actually clearly states what its used for in the bottom and why you would choose a GUID partition.

Latest posts

Twitter