What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Former FrozenCPU employees start their own company

Shadowarez

Like my build iv been tinkering alot more recently it's almost time for update to build log. Once all new toys get in mail and I get a day off that rig won't see me coming it's going to turned upsidedown inside out rewired and cleaned.

WolfBane

Like my build iv been tinkering alot more recently it's almost time for update to build log. Once all new toys get in mail and I get a day off that rig won't see me coming it's going to turned upsidedown inside out rewired and cleaned.
looking forward to this build !! its going to be kick arse :)

'47 Knucklehead

I don't even want to think how many thousands of dollars I've spent on customizing my machines over the past decade.

I mean on a full on system like Muzzle Flash, I may have spent like $1500-1700 on items like CPU, mobo, ram, video, and a case ... and at LEAST another $2000 to $2500 for acrylic, tubing, water blocks, radiators, pumps, flow meters, the Aquaero stuff, paint, wire sleeve material (and before that, maybe another $400 of custom tools, which can be used for multiple builds).

It's an expensive hobby when you go "all in", but honestly, it's cheaper than my others ... boating, motorcycles, guns, and world travel.

WolfBane

I don't even want to think how many thousands of dollars I've spent on customizing my machines over the past decade.

I mean on a full on system like Muzzle Flash, I may have spent like $1500-1700 on items like CPU, mobo, ram, video, and a case ... and at LEAST another $2000 to $2500 for acrylic, tubing, water blocks, radiators, pumps, flow meters, the Aquaero stuff, paint, wire sleeve material (and before that, maybe another $400 of custom tools, which can be used for multiple builds).

It's an expensive hobby when you go "all in", but honestly, it's cheaper than my others ... boating, motorcycles, guns, and world travel.
it is a great hobby tho !!! So it just depends on what a person is willing to spend , I am sure you could spend all you want on a system and still find stuff for it down the road....

'47 Knucklehead

it is a great hobby tho !!! So it just depends on what a person is willing to spend , I am sure you could spend all you want on a system and still find stuff for it down the road....
So very true.

I mean you can get into the "over the top" club for as little as $100, or go all in for thousands of dollars. Doesn't matter if you are a fan of AMD, nVidia, Intel or who ever either. It's all good. :punk:

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Yeppers. I think watercooling has about run it's course. After running liquid for the past 15 years I think my next build will be air. The 14nm cpu's and gpu's won't need it anymore. Not going to spend $200 on a gpu block and gain nothing.

Vittra

Sure, the other things 47' Knucklehead mentions are more expensive, but they are all far more fulfilling ventures as well.

I combined SFF and WC in a joint venture and it was an interesting experiment to say the least, but while the first has some benefits, the latter was done for the knowledge and not for any practical application of WC. I knew that going in though, so there was no surprise. I believe those running the Enthusiast/Xeon E5 1xxx processors in multi-gpu configs can see some serious benefit, but for the majority of us, the aesthetic appeal is really the only thing at play.

WC is a tough market to enter, let alone re-enter, I wish the folks at ModMyMods.com all the best.

b1lk1

My hobbies changed and my interest in computers is mainly just using them now, I set my bios to 20% overclock and let it do the work on my Q9400. I spend all my money on my Mistang when I get the chance.

I have a Corsair H50, does the job fine and queit, to me, watercooling is something to do just because or you want silence. Like all hobbies, it costs. I too look back at the parts I bought 8-9 years ago, the thousands wasted, lol.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yeppers. I think watercooling has about run it's course. After running liquid for the past 15 years I think my next build will be air. The 14nm cpu's and gpu's won't need it anymore. Not going to spend $200 on a gpu block and gain nothing.
Yeah there really is no reason anymore. AIO really seems to be the best price versus performance.
That allows for a lot more options on installs then worrying for me if the tower cooler will fit or not.

Watercooling was niche, then became normal practice, and now it is going back to niche.

-ST

Latest posts

Twitter