What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fort McMurray Forest Fires

maverick_brent

f8NIDFq.jpg

that second picture is the thing from nightmares...it makes my chest tight. but somehow i still find a piece of beauty in it...in a strange way.

draemn

This really hits home for me as I was in Slave Lake during the fire of 2011. It's a very rough and hard time for the people of Ft. Mac right now. It's wonderful all the support and help from the surrounding areas, companies, etc. Hopefully the pets can be saved too and people had a chance to pick up a few of their fondest memories and backup harddrives.

Lysrin

Looks like my brother-in-law and his girlfriend lost their mobile home and very likely his truck. :sad: They are supposed to be flying back from Cuba today, so at least they're safe but I'm not sure where they're flying in to. Also not being home certainly means they didn't get to save anything.

Arinoth

Staff member

Man that picture almost looks like the fire that results from some sorts of bombs being dropped, ridiculous.

Some at least 'good' news from CBC about the Forest Fires.

Perhaps surprisingly, no major injuries have been reported. And Fort McMurray's critical infrastructure — including the water treatment plant, waste water treatment plant, Highway 63 and the Grant MacEwan Bridge — remained intact Tuesday night.

Last edited:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I heard the hospital got hit too.

The weather forecast for the rest of this week doesn't sound good either: hot, windy and dry.

Bond007

I wish everyone there all the best with property/belongings, but I really hope no one gets seriously injured or worse.

It looks pretty bad.

jalmir

This is terrifying, my thoughts and prayers are with all the people concerned by this tragedy!

Hewfil1

It's crazy to think, 80,000 people who could lose their homes, and only one major road out. Good luck, and godspeed to those in Fort McMurray. My girlfriend being from Canada, is quite struck by this herself. It pains me to see her this way. But, there is a bright side, her family there did in fact, make it out with their possessions.

Last edited:

draemn

I don't even know what will happen with the HUGE % of the town that burned. It's crazy looking at the damage maps...

maverick_brent

i have never been so emotional or touched by natural disasters, although this has affected my personal family, i consider them lucky and my heart truely goes to those that hav e lost everything. I understand wildfires are a rapidly changing phenomenon, but i still cant fathom how a nation as ours can let this happen to 80000 people. 2 days military response...seems un acceptable to me...althought i respect it i just dont understand it.

Latest posts