What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy FOUND: Chromecast Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysrin

Just wondering if someone might have a Chromecast Audio they'd like to sell.

Some on ebay but they are from the UK or US and seem a bit pricey.

Last edited:

Bond007

Good luck on the hunt. I grabbed one when bestbuy was clearing them out for $20. Very happy with the audio quality vs the bluetooth setup I was been running before (I don't notice any audio compression now).

Lysrin

Thanks. I have a Harman-Kardon unit that supports plugging an old iPod directly into it but also has a 3.5mm input. I've moved away from Apple for most of my stuff, and am trying out a Google Music family plan so thought a Chromecast Audio would support easy streaming to that unit without me having to update device music libraries.

Not sure why anyone would sell one if it is still working for them, but figured it was worth a shot! ;)

Lysrin

Bond007

You'll also want to try sourcing an optical mini plug adapter to use in place of the patch cord. The CCA can output a higher quality signal that way.

edit: something like this... https://www.amazon.ca/CableCreation...refix=optical+mini,aps,171&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

That resolved way quicker than I expected! Thanks sswilson! To think I almost didn't bother posting :biggrin:

Nice one! Quick turn around for you. Agree with going optical if you have a free spot on your receiver. I went with this one for $9 (only 3’, so no mass of cord from it):

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-...5690384011&rps=1&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts