What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

found the problem with gigabyte boards b350/x370

Bond007

Wow...so gigabyte on current gen amd is a no go. I will try and remember that, unless they get a good fix.

gingerbee

well, that's a yes and no because it's only with there newer bios. Any bios that support the next-gen CPU has these problems from what I can tell I could be wrong but my boards are running fine as long as I stay away from newer bios.
I saw that the f23 was out so I updated and then in a matter of a week my ram problems came back when I tried to add a fan of all things lol.

Flashed back to f8 and all is well again

AkG

Not a fond lover of BIOS updating on a working rig. IF aint broke dont fix it is my POV on such things.

D

Dark Knight

Not a fond lover of BIOS updating on a working rig. IF aint broke dont fix it is my POV on such things.

Updating the bios is relatively safe with most safeguards that motherboard manufacturers have in place in 2018. This isn't the days where you have one bios 10 years ago and updating is a risky consideration. Updating is just like doing a software update or firmware update on any other component. Microcodes and other workarounds are also implemented in bios updates. Sure if it ain't broke don't fix it applied in the past but not presently (especially not with Q-Flash Plus or BIOS Flashback).

KaptCrunch

Updating the bios is relatively safe with most safeguards that motherboard manufacturers have in place in 2018. This isn't the days where you have one bios 10 years ago and updating is a risky consideration. Updating is just like doing a software update or firmware update on any other component. Microcodes and other workarounds are also implemented in bios updates. Sure if it ain't broke don't fix it applied in the past but not presently (especially not with Q-Flash Plus or BIOS Flashback).

still have to know what are doing when updating firmware

#1) use MB software app for updating

#2) dos flashing make sure have correct bios that matches your MB Revision # otherwise on reboot blank screen for you shoved a chevy motor in a ford for MB manufactures use different chip vendors as per REVISION don't just look @ MB model # also look for Rev.X.XX printed on MB

AkG

Relatively safe. Is not the same as entirely safe. You have a working system. Unless a bios update fixes something you have that is not working right... where is the upside? New BIOS revisions almost always introduce new bugs while squashing older ones.
Its like playing Russian roulette with only one round loaded in a 20 round cylinder. Sure the odds are that nothing is going to happen... BUT if its a working rig why mess with it. IE the risk of a BIOS update is greater than not doing one. If you HAVE to update never update to the latest until it is at least 30 days old AND no bad issues on the boards have cropped up because of it.

KaptCrunch

yeah like flash wrong bios

same MB model but different Rev lucky was only BSOD in windows not blank screen

re flashed correct Rev all was good

KaptCrunch

Relatively safe. Is not the same as entirely safe. You have a working system. Unless a bios update fixes something you have that is not working right... where is the upside? New BIOS revisions almost always introduce new bugs while squashing older ones.
Its like playing Russian roulette with only one round loaded in a 20 round cylinder. Sure the odds are that nothing is going to happen... BUT if its a working rig why mess with it. IE the risk of a BIOS update is greater than not doing one. If you HAVE to update never update to the latest until it is at least 30 days old AND no bad issues on the boards have cropped up because of it.

here the confusion Revision is for MB and BIOS version is software for MB revision

cause they use different chip makers to build MB an each has their own tolerance

yes agree on don't fix it if not broke but if you don't know leave it alone

EmptyMellon

I understand that having HW issues is never fun. However, from the way the OP's initial post (on the AMD's forum) makes it sound like the sky is falling, then all I see is 23 additional posts between Mar. 26 and Apr. 12 2018. If it's so bad why aren't there more posts? So I go on Overclock.net and randomly sample a thread for Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K7, and I don't see anyone loosing their mind over their Gigabyte mobo's turning into a flaming volcano. Case in point, a post about an issue with the "Geardown" mode being "disabled" (as mentioned on the AMD's forum):
If you want to use Geardown "disable" you need to manually set 2T timings. Geardown "disable" doesn't work with 1T timings(auto) on Gigabyte for a long while now.
Source: https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-...gabyte-ga-ax370-gaming-k7-discussion-343.html

From my very limited perspective, the AMD forum just looks like a venting/confirmation bias source rather than a solution driven one like on Overclock.net - 23 posts vs 3400+ posts. Plus, I don't see what AMD has to do with Gigabyte's products; that is like saying Ford is responsible for Bridgestone tires exloding .

Latest posts