What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Free innovation cooling 7 carat diamond tim giveaway!!

Nademon

FREE Innovation Cooling 7 Carat Diamond TIM Giveaway!!

SIGNUPS NOW CLOSED.
THANKS TO ALL THAT SIGNED UP. PLEASE REFER TO THE RESULTS THREAD FROM HERE ON.

:canadianwave::canadianwave::canadianwave:

Please make sure and read at least the first 3 posts before continuing on!

ALL POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS MUST POST THEIR INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR FREE TIM (BEFORE OR AFTER PM'ING ME).

PLEASE BE SURE TO BENCHMARK YOUR CPU TEMPS WITH YOUR CURRENT TIM AND RECORD YOUR RESULTS BEFORE USING IC7 FOR TESTING. WE NEED BEFORE AND AFTER PLEASE! :thumb:

First off, a huge thanks to Gav, HWC administrator for allowing the giveaway to happen and ALL HWC staff! :biggrin:

In conjunction with HWC, Innovation Cooling has been gracious enough to extend HWC Forum and Folding Team 54196 members 50-100 Syringes of IC Diamond 7-Carat thermal compound for free (and yes...I'll even pay for the shipping via CP snail mail). What's the catch? Well, not much! Upon accepting the gift, we'll be asking to test the compound and give feed back to the forum in data form in a future results thread.

A snippet from the website:

"
IC Diamond 7 Carat Thermal Compound maximizes thermal heat transfer between the CPU core and heatsink by taking advantage of diamond's superior thermal conductivity.

Purified synthetic diamond has a thermal conductivity of 2,000-2,500 W/mK compared to 406-429 W/mK for pure silver.

Diamond's five times better thermal conductivity compared to silver makes it a superior heat transfer material for cooling high performance CPUs and is electrically non-conductive and non-capacitive.

Key Features

Each tube of IC Diamond Thermal grease contains 7 carats of micronized diamond with diamond particle loadings @ 94% by weight. Material loading above 90% is recommended as the best combination of rheological and thermal properties to minimize interface pump out due to thermal cycling.

• Superior bulk conductivity
  • Excellent thermal impedance
  • Tight particle distributions
  • < 40 µ maximum particle diameter
  • Silicone free
  • Lower viscosity
  • Greater stability
  • Non capacitive or electrically conductive
Curing Time: IC Diamond requires minimal time to attain peak performance; in most cases, IC Diamond will reach peak performance after two hours of use. *

Stability: IC Diamond is designed for stability - it will not bleed or separate under normal use.

Key Specifications

• Thermal Conductance: 4.5 W/m-K (data acquired with an ASTM D - 5470 thermal interface test instrument)
  • Thermal Resistance: 0.25oC-cm2/W@ 100 µ BLT
  • Average Particle Size: <40 µ maximum particle diameter
  • Compliancy: RoHS Compliant.
Note* Cure Time Assumes an optimized pressure of 50 PSI. Lighter load pressures will increase cure times to a week or more"

The giveaway is not just a great way to get folks like you and I our hands on a product, but worth even more by having us show results to use. We get to experiment and learn what works and what doesn't, IC gets to compile data that helps further product, and it's just quite an interesting adventure for us all.

Presently IC7 is not sold in Canada (but will be very soon!) so we thought what better way to break the Canadian ice than to debut it on the best Canadian tech forum!
:canadianwave:

Who Qualifies?

• 1) Must meet one of the Following
    • Must have a valid account at HWC for over 365 days/one calendar year, OR
    • Be folding for HWC team 54196, OR
    • Just be a forum member with over 100 posts (Any attempt at spamming to get into the 100-post window will be severely beat with a trout and immediately disqualified)
  • 2) Must agree to test the product and give feedback to the forum, and thusly to Innovation Cooling (Current load/idle/ambient temps then load/idle/ambient temps with IC7; feel free to include what TIM you were using prior to testing IC7)

• 3) Must be a citizen/resident of Canada (Innovation Cooling is only agreeing to ship to Canada, which shouldn't hinder most of our members from qualifying) The more data you feed, the better off this will work. You'll also be able to get assistance with your products and/or methods as well. This can be a very hard task for just one person to do, but it's not all that difficult while 50-100 or more others are all working together. The specifics will be posted in the Results Thread, we'll be looking for simple data feedback, but are really looking forward to actual comparisons in application methods and even comparing products from other manufacturers. I'll also be hand picking several HWC members to send these other brands to in order to do these comparisons, which will include each having a blind sample as well.

How to get your sample

• Post here saying that you agree to test for Innovation Cooling and are stating that you will absolutely give results.
  • PM me with a topic Title of "IC Diamond" with your name, FULL SHIPPING ADRESS (unit#, street, city, postal code), and validity of your qualifications (all personal info including name and address will be kept strictly confidential. It will never be given out nor will it be used other than this one time to mail out your IC7. Once I'm satisfied that everyone has received their tubes, all name and mailing info will be destroyed). I can tell post count and join date, but I may not know your actually folding for 54196 since we seldom use our forum names.
***Please ensure all mailing info is 100% accurate. I'll mainly be cutting, pasting and adjusting the mailing info you provide, so please double and triple check the accuracy so some stranger doesn't get YOUR tube of IC7

The first 50-100 qualifying members will receive their free ICD7!

The TIM results thread will go live on April 1st, 2009 and await all member's data results. Keep in mind, even if you don't get the free swag, you can still give application method feed back! All info and data gathered may also be used for consideration on the official website main page.

Please refer below for further instructions. All requests will be processed in the order they are received and due to time limitations, I will not be sending confirmation emails. If you need to contact me, an alternative is email as I'm not always able to access HWC from a PC. Please send all emails to nademon1 at gmail dot com, this may be the fastest way to contact me but
ALL FREE PRODUCT REQUESTS MUST BE SENT VIA HWC PM SYSTEM (in the event my PM box becomes full, only then should you email me your request).

I will post up the closing time for the last request once the quota is reached. Sorry to anyone that misses the deadline or falls just outside the quota.

All general inquiries and minor support will be handled by myself and all heavy technical support requests will be handled by an IC7 Guru who will rear his big brained head shortly!

THOUGH THIS TESTING IS GEARED TOWARDS CPU'S, FEEL FREE TO USE IT ON YOUR GPU'S AND MOBO CHIPSETS AS IT'S COMPLETELY SAFE FOR THOSE APPLICATIONS. ALSO FEEL FREE TO POST UP YOUR RESULTS ON THOSE APPLICATIONS.

So start sending me your requests and let the testing begin! Remember to look below at the next post for important info and have fun!

Tubes will begin shipping next week. Please allow some time for delivery.

Last edited:

Nademon

PLEASE READ BEFORE USING IC7 AS PROPER APPLICATION IS IMPERATIVE TO PEAK PERFORMANCE

For all those participating in the IC7 giveaway, please follow this link to the Innovation Cooling website:

Innovation Cooling

Proper application is the key to this product. The nature and consistency of this product is likely quite different from what most of you are used to in a Thermal Compound. Don't use traditional methods of applying the TIM like razor blades, lines, x's, etc. Through extensive testing, the best application method has been determined to be a pea sized amount directly in the center of the CPU. The TIM should be adequately spread via the downforce of the CPU cooler (a sufficient amount of downforce will provide best results; minimum 50psi of downforce should be the goal for optimum results. please see the Innovation Cooling website for more info). Also, for coolers/surfaces that have many peaks and valleys, it may be beneficial to wet the surface(s) with a small amount of IC7 to initially fill the voids in the mounting surfaces...then proceed with recommended application as usual. Please click on the link below for application methodology and shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Keep in mind, IC7 has been formulated with the specific goals of providing superb thermal conductivity with short set times, but also for long term stability and performance without pump/bakeout through extended thermal cycling or usage. This stuff is very stable over long periods of time.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Please do feel free to navigate through the whole Innovation Cooling website as there is tonnes of information on there that might prove beneficial.

Last edited:

Nademon

Confirmed Participant List

Here is an ongoing list of confirmed participants for the giveaway. If you see your name here and have not posted in this thread with your intent to participate and submit results, please do so now. If you have sent me a PM to participate and DO NOT see your name here within 24 hours of sending, please shoot me another PM so we can figure out what happened. I'd like to hit 100 participants (shouldn't be hard) to compile a viable and broad data set.

If you're one of the 8 HWC Staffers, you are already accounted for. Feel free to shoot me a PM anyways to let me know if you're one of them. Gav will be receiving your samples so start stalking him soon if you don't get yours...he may be trying to horde them :biggrin:

I need a PM from EVERY participant with your name/mailing info to get you your tube. I think there's a few that haven't sent me a PM yet but have posted their intent here.

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS: (names in bold have had their tubes mailed out)

1. Infiniti
  2. Jake HT
  3. Phil3 66666
  4. Joeperson
  5. MacJunky
  6. 3 of 7
  7. Sugar J
  8. death hawk
  9. Cadence
  10. slntdth93
  11. Jay51
  12. MpG
  13. Alwaysrun
  14. Hausner
  15. CasheKicker
  16. Inik
  17. Squeetard
  18. b1lk1
  19. lpfan4ever
  20. zlojack
  21. bovine.baron
  22. punk_zappa
  23. Neolithium Wpg
  24. Shadowmeph
  25. mo' power
  26. matsta31
  27. Kruzn4evr
  28. Cptn Vortex
  29. Soultribunal
  30. element291
  31. tzetsin
  32. Jonwall
  33. B A Hines
  34. hightest
  35. Cobrajr122
  36. Digikid
  37. magictorch
  38. ipaine
  39. Jackquelegs
  40. klaboi
  41. Lowfat
  42. k3nnny
  43. doup93
  44. cyberspyder
  45. llama egg
  46. sircuster
  47. HaDeS
  48. Chriswarren
  49. Prof. Dr. Silver
  50. ebdoradz
  51. stoanee
  52. kyle_L
  53. perineum
  54. Chilly
  55. mklym
  56. Asharp
  57. JShupka
  58. Realityshift
  59. CMethaphor
  60. Wall86
  61. arekieh
  62. 5ILgeARX
  63. Moneyless
  64. Jon di2
  65. Chos3n
  66. Mike E
  67. Eagle Eye
  68. Apollo4g
  69. ChuckleBrother
  70. Sagath
  71. Cluu1
  72. Barber
  73. Meth
  74. Kev.nam
  75. CTA
  76. rjbarker
  77. monkey mo
  78. Jacka
  79. Kopi
  80. Cryptospartan
  81. evm
  82. kev.nam

Last edited:
M

member 3099

I'll provide my results for sure! :thumb:
Test against:

Thermalright Chill Factor
OCZ Freeze

Last edited by a moderator:

joeperson

Interested but I'd prefer to see someone vouch for you/the company/the product before throwing my mailing address out there. (could even test it on my ATI 4850 512MB w/ AC Accelero & NF-P12)

Nademon

Lol...NP. You can PM anyone that's dealt with me on HWC itrader. I'm also in direct communication with and have only done this giveaway with the consent of Gav, HWC admin.

Nademon

thx infiniti...I also believe my heatware, Ebay and RFD references should suffice. It's not compulsory to participate in the giveaway in any case. :biggrin: