What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

FREEZER64 PRO Help...

omgwtf

I just got some items from directcanada..All is good. When I try to mount the freezer 64 pro on the asus m2n-e motherboard, well, I'm afraid If i will use force I will break something...Can someone tell me what can I do to gently put the cooler on the motherboard without damaging anything?...I tried to put it on the x2 4600+ but those brackets are just too shurt..

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
There is no way to GENTLY mount the AC Freezer 64. I thought the darn thing was going to break in half and spack me in the face but I installed it like the instruction manual indicated and all was OK.

The tight fit is to insure good contact with the CPU.

omgwtf

I've wasted the thermal paste that comes with the freezer 64..now I have to wait till my as5 arrives.
What happens if someone from purolator shows up and I'm not home? he leaves a notice or what?

Babrbarossa

Not sure about the courier thing, but I've mounted my ACFP7 many times now, and it's not really a picnic. The first three pegs go in fairly easy, but the last one is the toughy. Just make sure that your spreader pegs are pulled all the way back, and that when you're pressing them into the holes, that you're pushing on the lip of the metal legs, and not the pegs themselves until you hear that click. Then push the pegs in and turn.

I have no doubt you know this already, but just in case.

BALISTX

I've wasted the thermal paste that comes with the freezer 64..now I have to wait till my as5 arrives.
What happens if someone from purolator shows up and I'm not home? he leaves a notice or what?

They will leave you a notice saying they were they and will try again tomorrow. Also on the notice they should have a time and date as to when you can pick it up from your local Purolator depot.

omgwtf

I've recieved the thermal paste today (arctic silver5)
I'll give it another try...wish me luck :haha:

Patriote

Make sure you apply only a thin coat of AS5! Put a small amount (About a grain of rice) in the middle of the CPU and spread it all over using a credit card, razor blade or just like me, a 1 finger latex glove :bleh:

Good luck!

sswilson

Staff member
a 1 finger latex glove :bleh:

Where do you buy those???? I've been looking for ages........ :whistle:

I just wrap a sandwhich bag around my finger to do it. (Some folks say that it helps to warm it up a bit with a hair dryer but I've never tried that).

Patriote

Where do you buy those???? I've been looking for ages........ :whistle:

I just wrap a sandwhich bag around my finger to do it. (Some folks say that it helps to warm it up a bit with a hair dryer but I've never tried that).

304462405e641522.gif
Stealed some (Actually a sh!t load of them) at work... lol Basically, it's some kind of "1 finger latex glove" that you use when you cut your finger... You apply a bandaid and then apply this "1 finger latex glove" to make pressure on the wound/cut.

If i manage to get my hands on more, ill send you some LOL! :rofl:

Latest posts