What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Fresh windows 7 install, getting error message

BootlegUsher

Just installed Windows 7, I have an Asus Z87-Pro Motherboard. I'm getting an error message on startup. I've attached a screenshot of the error. How do I figure out what this is, and how do I fix it? I've installed a bunch of windows updates including service pack 1, still getting the error.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 70

Lpfan4ever

I'd pull the Logitech Gaming Software off and see if it goes away. (That's what Lcore.exe is)

stlouis1

that looks like you have something on startup that requires a C++ redistributable. From googling quick it looks like you need the 2012 runtime

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Since it's a clean system, it would make sense if the runtime is just not installed yet, but the installer that needs it, whatever it is should install as a prereq.

Here's a handy link that has all the C++ runtimes though

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

KaptCrunch

]
Additional details about msvcr110.dll. msvcr110.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ and is often required for running programs developed with Visual C++. Some games or applications may need the file in the game/application installation folder.

Shadowmeph

I hate that error I used to get it all of the time doing that cmd prompt check .dlls but if I do remember correctly like KaptCrunch above said it is part of the C++ Visual. and if I remember correctly I ended up downloading and installing that as a last resort which fixed it. but I used to go through that with my main PC never had a problem with any other PCs or laptops just this one for some reason it was even the same windows 7 of course I used a different number to activate it.

BootlegUsher

Thanks a bunch guys, that fixed my issue.

I'm just about done installing all of my programs and updates, but I have two windows updates which continue to fail on me. I've tried some of the trouble shooting tips Windows has suggested, but it isn't working so far.

Any thoughts on this one?

Attachments

• Update error.jpg
    Update error.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 53
  • update list.jpg
    update list.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 52

KaptCrunch

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

post report here

other check folders for double folders .......folder in folder same name

stlouis1

The 2018-03 final update already out for weeks now. Though if you read the MS docs, I'm not sure if it's OS specific, but I know one of the March patches has a known issue documented where it falsely reports that the install failed according to MS....the last few months of rollups seem to have been especially bad....

@OP, what updates did install successfully? Might already have an update installed that supersedes those. If we could see the history we could say for sure if those last 2 are stuck in limbo or not

Latest posts