What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Friends Computer Crashing Randomly

AmuseMe

CPU: Intel Pentium E5200 (SLAY7)
Motherboard: MSI G31M3 V2 (P35 Chipstet)
RAM: OCZ 2GB DDR2 @ 400MHz
GPU: ASUS 8800GS
PSU: 460W CoolerMaster

It crashes, and blue screens for literally half a second. You can not make out what kind of error it would be (during the blue screen). Typically happens (actually, 100% of the time) when he is on one user profile, and switches to his main one.

Will crash during games, and completely freezes and locks up randomly. You don't even need to do anything to cause its lock ups.

Fresh install of Windows?

sswilson

Staff member
CPU: Intel Pentium E5200 (SLAY7)
Motherboard: MSI G31M3 V2 (P35 Chipstet)
RAM: OCZ 2GB DDR2 @ 400MHz
GPU: ASUS 8800GS
PSU: 460W CoolerMaster

It crashes, and blue screens for literally half a second. You can not make out what kind of error it would be (during the blue screen). Typically happens (actually, 100% of the time) when he is on one user profile, and switches to his main one.

Will crash during games, and completely freezes and locks up randomly. You don't even need to do anything to cause its lock ups.

Fresh install of Windows?
That would be my diagnosis. Sounds like there's a program attached to his main profile that's in conflict with something else.

He could try creating a new main profile and deleting the old one.

stoanee

Set the machine to hold at the blue screen so he can get a hint of what the error is. Right click on my computer> Properties > Select the 'Advanced' tab > and under 'startup and recovery' click the 'settings' button. This will open a new window, and under the 'System Failure' heading, uncheck 'Automatically restart. Then google bsod codes to try to isolate where the problem is.

Last edited:

AmuseMe

Okay, Ill try some things out. I would have just looked through similar posts' here, but I am not about to go through all of them, and try everything there is to do lol. Will be looking for issues now!

Latest posts

Twitter