What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Frozen State SSD?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Well I got the rig complete but now windows 7 wont see any hdd spin or SSD. I checked settings in bios and I see both drives are in frozen state?

Anyone have a idea cant get windows on it. I plugged the ssds in the Intel sata 6 port tried just the ssd and Usb key with windows and drivers.

Iv already did a secure erase on both drives upon reboot it when back to frozen.

Attachments

• DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 369

Birk

I know that Secure Erase can brick some SSDs, I haven't looked but did you double check that the drives are on the Secure Erase Compatibility list?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
i built rig gotit all wired, then put ssds in there bays connected em to the intel controller for best performance. i go to setup windows no matter what i did wouldnt see hdds in windows installation. so i tried various tricks unplugging while it was on then pluggin it in. that didnt work i made a dvd of windows with updates, it actually decompressed files and saw ssd and it ran,

Dragonstongue

the initial install was using a custom version of windows was it? Why not just use a standard copy and the change icons and such the way you want it, this way here you know more then likely stuff will just work and much less likely to end up with surprises, annoying or downright destroying you know.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah the version I was installing has God mode enabled and other various tweaks streamlined into it by default I'll just need to put new drivers in maybe.

Latest posts