What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Sell /ft pallit 4850 sonic ed.

BrokenHalo83

Heck, I got all those extra parts from a 4870 that i accidently killed. If you want that connector, PM me your address and I'll send it to you. No charge

ddude27

lol I'm kinda shocked that you're shocked about not knowing that all ATI 4800 series support HDMI with sound... I think that is the only reason why I had a 4850 is that you could have sound and graphics at the same time unlike nvidia....

Realityshift

Nvidia allows both sound and video, you just have another step in the chain which is connecting your sound card to the video card via SPDIF cable. same deal though, HDMI dongle allows 5.1 HD sound and video to pass through =)

mchutch

It is awesome that if you need a small part, one that is hard to find or that will cost you more in shipping than it's worth, that a member on HWC will help you out.

In addition, even the 3800 series also has the DVI > HDMI dongle, which is where there HDMI support really started. I have been using a Sapphire HD3870 with one connecting to a 52" LCD and HDMI surround system and it's fabulous how the high quality video and audio are output so well, with one cable and mininal CCC configuration.

Lastly, I have been trying to figure out how to use the Nvidia jobbie. I have GTX 260 Core 216s running in SLi, have the cable and an X-Fi. I know where the cable goes into the GTX, and the sound card has an area labelled SPDIF. There are a bunch of pins though and only 2 on the cable. Which two do you use? I have been trying to find a manual which maps the pins.

It is an Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music for the record...

Realityshift

It is awesome that if you need a small part, one that is hard to find or that will cost you more in shipping than it's worth, that a member on HWC will help you out.

In addition, even the 3800 series also has the DVI > HDMI dongle, which is where there HDMI support really started. I have been using a Sapphire HD3870 with one connecting to a 52" LCD and HDMI surround system and it's fabulous how the high quality video and audio are output so well, with one cable and mininal CCC configuration.

Lastly, I have been trying to figure out how to use the Nvidia jobbie. I have GTX 260 Core 216s running in SLi, have the cable and an X-Fi. I know where the cable goes into the GTX, and the sound card has an area labelled SPDIF. There are a bunch of pins though and only 2 on the cable. Which two do you use? I have been trying to find a manual which maps the pins.

It is an Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music for the record...
You may have more then 1 SPDIF connector on your card or it may be set up for more then a 2 pin connector, best thing to do is check your soundcards instruction book, it should be in there. I use onboard sound for mine and on the 790i the SPDIF out is literally right beside the first video card slot.

PM me your model number on the sound card and ill try and find it for ya.

superj

My Palit 4870 (sold) and GTX260 both came with HDMI dongles in the box. I think Palit is generally a decent graphics partner.

mchutch

Yes but the Nvidia won't output sound until you hook the SPDIF into your GTX and either mobo/sound card.

Also I found a thread on another site where it maps the X-Fi pin layouts for all internal connectors.

Latest posts

Twitter