What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Sell /ft pallit 4850 sonic ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikgp

/ft pallit 4850 sonic ed. MODS PLEASE CLOSE

Card No longer for sale.

Thanks to all the members who have helped me out!

Mods please close thread

Last edited:

Realityshift

Dont the ATI cards have HDMI pass thru enabled without even needing to connect an SPDIF? you just need the ATI HDMI dongle for this and youd get full 5.1 HDMI support out the back of the card.

Realityshift

You should be able to phone pallit and ask them for a dongle, they may charge you for it though. The ATI video cards pass sound through the DVI-HDMI dongle, Im pretty certain they do it without needing to connect the card to SPDIF (nvidia cards require this) as well im just looking for a confirmation of that online for you, I know my 3850 did and came with an ATI dongle as well.

EDIT: I know for a fact that the 4850s pass sound and video through DVI-HDMI converters, and since there is no SPDIF connector on the 4850 cards I am 100% certain you dont need to connect to a soundcard for sound passthrough but there is a bit of a messaround getting windows to send sound through your HD device ;)

HEXUS.net - First Look :: ATI Radeon HD 4850 exposed: we take a first look : Page - 3/3

MSI Radeon 4850 R4850-V101 Video Card Review :: MSI Radeon 4850 Bundle :: Motherboards.org

Im surpised your card didnt come with this dongle =( but if you get one it will pass HD video and 5.1 sound through your card the same way the cards with built in HD connectors do =)

EDIT 2: my 9800GTXs both run sound through the DVI connectors =) but I need to connect a 2 pin SPDIF cable from the card to my sound card to do so, ATI cards dont require this =)

Last edited:

Realityshift

Remind me to never buy a pallit video card then, my HIS 3850 came with the dongle, a cool screw driver, Crossfire bridge, a whole whack of extra cables, and free games. It was also the cheapest one around when I bought it brand new like a year ago =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts