What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Full 5800X3D review by techpowerup & GN

Bond007

Agree with everyone. I feel like this cpu does pretty much do what was advertised, but it is likely more of a technology demonstrator that will have limited sales. I think I would save $ and go for a 5700X.

moocow

Review by GN pretty much confirms it. 11% overall gains in games but a tad slower than 5800X in production workloads. Their conclusion is not recommended if you are production heavy but okay for games.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
for me this hits a lil differnt it means i can load it in to my Ghost Build and take out the 5950x lol its running with half cores disabled. runs great but that feels like im hlding it back too much.

MARSTG

for me this hits a lil differnt it means i can load it in to my Ghost Build and take out the 5950x lol its running with half cores disabled. runs great but that feels like im hlding it back too much.
Then it doesn't even matter, keep your money 💰 for something else.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
the 5950x was more of a incase my main rigs died again. ill try aquire one of these but if its limited to just scalpers ill see about tweaking it and undervolting it with Ryzen Master.

Izerous

Folding Team
Why do you actually have half the cores disabled? It has the same TDP as a 5800x so I'd expect the heat output to be somewhat comparable. Does it get slightly better boost frequencies that way.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
he wanted the larger L3 cache
I don't believe that works? If you disable the ccx the 16mb L3 in that CCX would be disabled too, no? Unless you can pick individual cores and disable them across ccx's

Shadowarez

Folding Team
it works temps are working but itd be much better if i could get hands on a 5800x3d that didnt cost as much as a 5950x.

i could move this to a NR200 and have the system cooled with a nice custom 240m loop. but i wanted to squueze as much power as i could into the Ghost S1 and cool it so it doesnt throttle. the 5950x was a backup incase my Current rig ate another 5950x randomly,