What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Future titles for CD Projekt Red

ipaine

So CPPR has released what is basically their roadmap for the forseeable future.

What has been announced:

Project Orion: Cyberpunk 2077 Sequel. No word on story or anything like that, but it will be worked on by the Vancouver and new Boston locations. I really hope that it is an actual continuation of the first, but I'm not super hopeful that it is. Either way I look forward to it, cause I enjoyed the crap out of CP77.

Project Polaris: New Witcher AAA RPG, planning to be new trilogy. Beginning of a new saga in the Witcher Universe. Plan to release the entire trilogy in 6 years from time of release of first one. No word on when the first happens, but if they follow their plan it would be #2 three years after #1 and #3 three more years later. Bold to say, but I like it. This is one that I personally hope has Ciri as the main character and their adventures as a witcher leading off of the events from the 3rd game, making the Ciri witcher ending canon. It ties it to the familiar but leaves it open of anything to happen. Plus would be neat to have some cameo's from the existing cast, an older settled down Geralt, etc.

Project Canis Majoris: Another new Witcher game, but not part of the Polaris trilogy. It will be developed by an external studio headed by experienced developers who have worked on past Witcher games. I'm hoping this turns out to be remaster/remakes of Witcher 1, cause that one could use it. But not somewhat doubting that is it.

Project Sirius: a game developed by @molassesflood, set in The Witcher universe and created with support from CDPR. It will differ from past productions, offering multiplayer gameplay on top of a single-player experience including a campaign with quests and a story. No idea what this will be.

Project Hadar: A new entirely distinct IP, created from scratch within CDPR. Super early stage, don't expect anything anytime soon.

Here is the video that talks about them all:

All in all I think it is a good direction but I do think they should stay away from multi-player as much as possible. I'm sorry but no matter what is said, it always takes time away from single player experiences and that is what they excel at. I'm guessing that all in all not counting Hadar, we are looking at the next 8-9 years of CDPR.

Last edited:

LaughingCrow

Agreed. It's quite rare for a single player game to come out with an excellent multiplayer. More often the single player game is used to draw people into competative multiplayer where they promote pay-to-win or loot boxes, etc.

The only single player game offhand that I can think of that offered a good co-op multiplayer was Mass Effect. Played both a lot.

I suspect that Larian Studio's Baldur's Gate 3 will have a good 4 player co-op along with the main single player game.

lowfat

Staff member
Agreed. It's quite rare for a single player game to come out with an excellent multiplayer. More often the single player game is used to draw people into competative multiplayer where they promote pay-to-win or loot boxes, etc.

The only single player game offhand that I can think of that offered a good co-op multiplayer was Mass Effect. Played both a lot.

I suspect that Larian Studio's Baldur's Gate 3 will have a good 4 player co-op along with the main single player game.
From the vid it sounded like they want to add multiplayer aspects to most of their games going foward. BUT it is still a single player game. Maybe like how Dragon Age Inquisition had multiplayer. Where it was an entirely different PvP outside the main game.

And 'coop' on Divinity Original Sin 2 was fantastic too.

LaughingCrow

I think it's a great idea to remake some of those classic (and popular) games like the Witcher considering the advances in tech and software over the last 10 - 20 years.

I think EA/BioWare, since they are working on Dragon Age 4, would be in a good position to do a modern remake of Dragon Age: Origins and reboot the series. That was released in 2009 and IIRC they started work on it back in 2002 - that's 20 years ago.

lowfat

Staff member
I replayed the first game last year and enjoyed the first 4 chapters. But chapter 5 was just garbage. It was just grind grind grind and the final boss was just stupid. I ended up rage quitting. :eek:

Lysrin

I replayed the first game last year and enjoyed the first 4 chapters. But chapter 5 was just garbage. It was just grind grind grind and the final boss was just stupid. I ended up rage quitting. :eek:
Never played the first one, and only played some of the second one. Liked and played the third but have to admit I still haven't finished it. I keep getting distracted by things to do and end up not progressing much.

FreeKnight

The first one screams 'low-mid budget' when you play it. I enjoyed it (played EE before W2 came out), but it's flawed. A remake is a good idea, but I hope it's more 'reboot' than 'HD reskin'. There's a lot in W1 that has aged poorly.

As for Dragon Age; I'd love a DAO remake. Still my favorite in the series, but it's by far the ugliest. I just hope they keep the stronger RPG elements and not veer towards action-rpg as much as DAII and Inquisition did.