What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

G15 broke

Nemaster203

I was cleaning out my G15 yesterday, and now this is happening... MVI_2246
As you can see in the video, the flickering would be very annoying, since the backlights on all the keys flickers at the same time as the screen and media keys. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it, since it's out of warranty now.

EDIT: Opps, this should be in the troubleshooting section.

EDIT2: I opened it back up, and it seems to be working when it's apart, but it still types things randomly as soon as I hit any key, usually it's "47/" over and over. The USB portts seem to be working. Media keys seems to be broken. Backlight stopped flickering, but the button for it won't change it.

Last edited:

Airshehan

Website
www.artgamingclan.weebly.com
You should RMA it. Do you still have a warranty on it? It's an extremely weird issue, I have never seen anything like it on a G15! Did water get into the keyboard when you were cleaning it?

Nemaster203

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it, since it's out of warranty now.
Do you still have a warranty on it?
Thought I already said that, but no I don't have the warranty on it anymore, since it was just a year warranty, and I got it just over a year ago I think, and Logitech's site won't tell me if I still have any warranty time left on it.

EDIT: I might've gotten some water into it, but I don't think I did since it's a membrane keyboard.

Airshehan

Website
www.artgamingclan.weebly.com
If you're warranty is up, I'm afraid there is nothing else to do as far as I know. I'm not a keyboard expert. You can call Logitech's tech support and try to talk to them. Sorry man!

Andy

Logitech is known for having some of the best customer service ... ever. I would be calling them first regardless of warranty.

Nemaster203

Thanks, I'll phone them sometime when they're open, I've never had anything they made break on me before, so I suppose it's worth a try even if the new G15 they'd probably send me is ugly.

shayan288

Turn it upside down and keep it like that for a day, with it completely off, that might work if you did get water in it. Probably not the case, but might as well try it.

Nemaster203

I'm going to ask the logitech tech support if I can just take a G11 and replace the whole interior of the G15 except the LCD with it, just have to hope it has the same screen connector for the LCD in it.

Nemaster203

Logitech support didn't know if the G11 had the screen connector, and since my warranty's over on it, they offered me 50% off a new keyboard :shok::biggrin:

I'll probably just google around for a bit to see if I can put a G11 inside a G15, and if not, I'll probably just get the G19 since it's 50% off and at a decent price.

Latest posts

Twitter