What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

G15 keyboard

shayan288

Hey all,
I am thinking of getting a Logitec G15 keyboard,
but I dont know if it's really neccessary.
Any comments about it, or special functions about it
that I might wanna know.

Andy

Well, it isn't necessary. It would be very easy to get by without the screen and the extra keys, whether you are a gamer or not. However on the flip side, the G15 is a very nice keyboard. I have a 2nd gen, and I love it. The screen can display a lot of functions, but I don't really find myself using it all that much. I leave the TF2 Stats plugin on all the time now. It is a really nice keyboard to type on, and it looks really good as well. If it fits your budget, and you like the look, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Cptn Vortex

It is a fantastic keyboard, but just too big for me. For a smaller slimmer keyboard, the logitech Illuminated slim keyboard is a good choice. I got one and Love it.

DK2

I have one, but I got it more for gaming and lighted keys for playing in dim light. For that its great!
For work and typing its not that great with my 4 finger looking at the keys style.
The problem is the key labels don't show very well in a bright room, backlight on or not.
each to their own with keyboards thou.....

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Had one for a a couple years now. Great keyboard. LCD is handy, displays songs if you are playing music. I have everest pro displaying all my temps and voltages and rpm's etc.. Fraps to display framerate off the screen. Whatever you want to display on it there is an app out there somewhere. Most games support it, show things like ammo/health/loot.

The macro keys are really handy and probably underused my most owners. 18x3 programmable keys. I have things like my name and address programmed to a key, sorta like an instant mailing label. Email address, commonly used passwords that I don't care if someone gets.(internet sites like this). macro to open control panel and device manager. You can program sword combos and the like for games. You can save profiles to specific apps so the macros load when you launch that game etc...

shayan288

I just picked one up and I was looking forward to having my team fortress 2 stats on the lcd screen to find out that it would only pick up that I have two games only which were battlefield 2, and swat 4. Any suggestions? otherwise the keyboard is awesome!

encorp

I find the most useful thing the screen is for is displaying who is talking on voice chat haha. Mine shows vent info etc so I can see who is joining channels and who is talking.