What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

G502 vs M65 Pro Mouse off

Jokester

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum vs Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Ifl1N9O
N9LHffm

I decided to replace my aging Logitech G9x with an updated mouse. There is a tonne of options on the market but the M65 is one that is recommended for fans of the G9x. I decided at the same time to try the highly praised G502 Proteus spectrum from Logitech. I have fairly large hands and clutch grip my mouse. So both seemed to be excellent replacements. I spent some time in PUBG and Titan Fall 2 with both.

Packing for both mice was pretty much the same, small box with a bit of reading material. The only difference is the G502 comes with the weights in a small box and the M65 has the weights pre-installed.
cellVTe

Both have a lovely sleeved cable, an improvement over my previous mouse. both cables seem to lay better right out of the box than the older generations do. The M65 offsets the cable to the left-hand side. This doesn't seem to feel any different. While the cables are very similar the G502 seems to have a smoother texture but it is a slightly larger diameter. The M65 plug is very large and I wonder if in some situations if it wouldn't get in the way of another USB plug. Corsair should have kept it simpler by using the same style as their keyboards.

The first thing you notice about the G502 is the number of buttons it has. It has a cluster of five just on the left side not even including your main trigger. At first, I thought this might be bothersome but it seems they placed them in a way that makes it easy to use but not cumbersome. By default, the G7 G8 and G9 button in the center are for DPI changing and DPI profile. Why you would need more than one DPI profile is a bit beyond me. My personal use has me switching between two DPI positions only once in awhile.
Both software offered a plethora of RGB lighting and dpi profile settings and were easy to navigate.

The great thing with the G502 having this many buttons is the fact you can reconfigure them to anything you wish using the Logitech Gaming Software.

The M65 is a far simpler approach for additional buttons, with just two DPI buttons, two left side buttons, and a sniper button. While both mice have a sniper button, I couldn't find much use for it in the games I tried them out with. While the M65 sniper button is in a better location for actually using during game play. I found it more of an annoyance than any sort of benefit. I would have rather had my thumb resting against the flat of the edge then off of the sniper button. If you palm grip this may not be an issue at all.
With weights installed on both the M65 is the lighter of the two. I put almost all the weights in the G502 except two for the desired feel of weight I liked. I personally like having some weight as I feel like it stabilizes my aiming in FPS games.

FlIujAA
IPULDct

Although I thought I might prefer the m65 due to its shape similar to that of the G9x. When I actually got into games my hand never felt relaxed. This may be due to my style of grip with using the thumb and pinkie to stabilize the mouse between my hand. Even though I ran both at 2400 and 3200 DPI, and they both felt very good the G502 just felt more stable in my hand and my hand was able to relax. The positioning that the G502 gives worked very well for me.

While both mice seemed very well built, I found that overall the G502 to be a more comfortable and smooth mouse. and with a few additional buttons that could come in handy in different games. I think the extra $15 is worth it.

Corsair has a great product, and I am sure people with different sized hands/grips or even those that can utilize the sniper button will find it to be a great gaming mouse. I can see Corsair making some improvements in the future to make it an even more competitive mouse.

TNwNUiC
s9CYXjh

simsin

I'm slowly starting to look at a replacement for the alienware taxtx (g9x clone) and this breakdown was quite helpful.

Did you by chance try any other logitech mice such as: g403 or g303?

D

Dark Knight

The G9X's sucessor is actually the G502 but I felt that the G9/G9X was actually more comfortable in the hand with the grips than the G502. I don't think the M65 Pro is a competitor to the G502 or the G9X. I think the Sabre is more of a G9/G9X/G502 competitor and at a similar price point as well.

Jokester

I'm slowly starting to look at a replacement for the alienware taxtx (g9x clone) and this breakdown was quite helpful.

Did you by chance try any other logitech mice such as: g403 or g303?

Glad you found it useful! I didn't have a chance to try out either of those. I did look at them online and just didn't find them too exciting. I really love the G502, since the review it has become even more comfortable in my hand. The only thing I miss is the unlocked scroll wheel is a bit twitchy compared to the G9x. But that's not too big of a deal imo.

The G9X's sucessor is actually the G502 but I felt that the G9/G9X was actually more comfortable in the hand with the grips than the G502. I don't think the M65 Pro is a competitor to the G502 or the G9X. I think the Sabre is more of a G9/G9X/G502 competitor and at a similar price point as well.

The Sabre is the same price point as the M65 Pro. Both are slightly cheaper than the G502. I don't see how it is in any way more of a competitor. The reason I went with trying the M65 was from other forums feedback of people suggesting it as a replacement.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I just replaced my M65 Pro RGB with the G502 Proteus Spectrum last night. It was immediately more comfortable in my hand. I'm wishing I did this months ago.

nToxik

I love my Logitech G700s so much and considering it is now discontinued, I bought another online from China. The are now very very expensive though.

Latest posts