What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GA-P55-UD3R

martin_metal_88

Hey-Ho again HWC! Today the topic is on my 3 week's old GA-P55-UD3R. I have a wierd issue with it. I am setting on multiple boot. Win 7, Win XP, Win NT08 and when I try to select a boot os ( after the post ) I have to unplug and replug the KB all the time nor it wont get recongize and simply wont work. I have try the bios flash from F2 to F3 but the only thing that change is now this is the 3 boot name I have. Win vista, Win vista, Win 7 ( recovered ). Does anyone know about this kind of issue??? Look at my sig to see the system full spec and ask for info if needed. Thx you HWC!

KaptCrunch

using 64bit OS ? need to load drivers for each OS
<LI jQuery1258471635068="113">10/06/2009 latest driver
also the in bios settings have support USB keyboard checked

Last edited:

MarkOne

Banned
did you keyboard work in the bios ? Kapt give you info on that part of the problem

BUT.........

you said you have XP, 7 and NT08 ( you means server 2008 ?)

on the boot menu you see Vista ?

do you have vista install on it before ? or did you try to install vista after 7 ?

just for info the boot menu is in the boot.ini files but you have to know what you do to play in it

martin_metal_88

Yes keyboard work in the bios, it seems that there is a delay on the board between bios universal serial bus driver and the windows driver which does not allow the computer to load them IDK. Vista have benn install on this computer about...hm...well before the 7 RC get out. Yes NT is server 2008. What I found strange is that in the boot.ini there is no more vista folder and the boot still appear. Now the KB driver are install on all OS and still having this problem. I think I will upgrade to the UD4P.

MarkOne

Banned
Martin how many drive you have on it ?.. can you go in disk management , in the admin tools and look the system files is on witch drive ( it will show system on the description of the drive ) don't just asume they are on the same drive with windows

MarkOne

Banned
here what I suspect

the os need 2 partitions the boot and the system one, the boot is where windows is , and the system is where are the files like ntldr boot.ini are .. both partition are usally in the same partition C:\ ( I know it's look funny ) . but if you use an old drive with as exemple vista on it , and install 7 on an other drive. the 7 can install the system files in the new drives, but lives the one on the old drive .. now it's look like the bios point to the old system partition .. the boot.ini you look at is in the new system partition, your c:\

when you reset the bios you probably set the old drive as boot device . you may have other posibility , but they are all results of mismatch the boot and the systems files , in too many install .

martin_metal_88

Actually there is 2 drive. WD640 3 partition 440 win 7, 80GBserver 2008 and 76Gb for XP. All system files are where they belong. I would like to try new install on new disk of only 1 OS but...it's pain in the ass to have to set everything back again and for sure it wont fix my KB problem...If I can fix the KB trouble I can live with the boot name because they are in the same order XP server seven so I know which is which. But having to go under my desk unplug and plug KB all the time I restart the computer, and it's happen few time a day, that is no way I know that I will finish by kick the computer.

Latest posts