What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Galaxy S2 vibrate function

bissa

I normally keep my phone just on vibrate so it's not disturbing if I leave it on in class. however, since I get the S2, I find the vibrate to be incredibly weak. I barely notice it when I'm just sitting still, and it's quite impossible to notice if I'm walking or biking anywhere.
I tried chomp, but it didn't really work properly. I also tried googleing it, and there were quite a few people complaining about the weak vibrate function, but just as many or more people saying that it's strong enough, or even too strong, and in the long run, there was no help to be found. I also did quick search of the forums and couldn't find anything of significance.
does anyone have any experience with this? if so, what did you do to fix it, or how do you deal with it?

M

member 3099

Weird, not the S2, but my Galaxy S vibrates so hard it tickles.

JD

Staff member
Do you have a case on the phone? That would likely limit the vibrations.

I know with the custom ICS kernels on the SGSI, there's now the ability to increase the vibration beyond "default" for those who want it. Maybe something similar exists for the SGSII?

bissa

I do have a case on the phone, but it's next to unnoticeable without the case too.
possibly. doesn't that require you to root the phone or something? I'm a bit hesitant to do that, but if it's what I would have to do, then I guess I could try.

morphine

My S2 is kind of weak in vibrate mode as well.
Of course I have a big ass metal bumper on it as well which likely doesn't help.
At work, I like to keep mine silent but still want email/text notifications.
I rooted mine, and use the NoLED app. It makes icons appear on the screen when an email/text arrive, or when I miss a call. It's a nice app, since the S2 doesn't have it's own LED for notifications like this.

Arinoth

Staff member
Weird, not the S2, but my Galaxy S vibrates so hard it tickles.

Found my hard case sometimes makes it hard to notice the vibrate in my pocket. Though this tends to be only when I'm at the movie theatres (with it on silent). When it's on a tab it scares the crap out of me because of how loud it becomes.

Adzsask

I think it is personal preference myself, I have to ask my GF to turn her vibrate off regularly.

bissa

Well, it seems to have been fixed with the Samsung release of ICS. Bell just released it and there's a setting in the menu for calls and texts, by default, they were both set as low as possible.