What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game locks up computer

foredown

Recently I'm been have trouble with a couple of games (Killing floor, Battlefield P4F). I can play 10-15min before the computer locks up, sometime the screen will go black sometimes pink and always get this 1 second sound loop.

First thought was gpu, but I can play Crysis 2 or Skyrim all I want without problems. Furmarks quick tests are fine, prime say my cpu is not failing, Memtest ok, btw nothing is overclocked, gpu was underclocked.

Adzsask

I was having the same problem for the past few days,it was MSI afterburner applying an unstable overclock when I boot the PC. Resetting MSI's overclock profiles fixed the freeze ups for me.

great_big_abyss

Have you by chance removed your CPU heatsink lately? If you have, check your thermal compound. I know I had that problem when I removed my heatsink and didn't reapply thermal compound. My processer would overheat and lock up.

Jebusman

Have you by chance removed your CPU heatsink lately? If you have, check your thermal compound. I know I had that problem when I removed my heatsink and didn't reapply thermal compound. My processer would overheat and lock up.
He can play Crysis 2 and Skyrim without it locking up, and Killing Floor isn't that CPU intensive.

I had (arguably still have) the exact same problem running SC1 on a Q6600. It would just randomly lock up with the 1 second sound loop for no reason. Blizz support never figured out it, and neither did I. We just need his system specs.

KaptCrunch

Recently I'm been have trouble with a couple of games (Killing floor, Battlefield P4F). I can play 10-15min before the computer locks up, sometime the screen will go black sometimes pink and always get this 1 second sound loop..
how old is moniter ?

are the games current patches applied

also mite be malware/virus run a cleaner

foredown

Main specs e6750, 680i, 4gb PC2-8000, 8800gt sli.

Well I just finished playing Battlefield p4f and it didn't lock up this time. This morning I updated to the newer nvidia beta driver and dropped my cpu back to stock and ram down to 800.

foredown

malwarebytes and avast come up clean, core temp 23/43, gpu temps hit 68 in furmark

Games patched, Killing floor is on steam and auto updates, Battlefield is also auto updating.

Latest posts

Twitter