What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Pad

Mulder

Does anyone have any recommendations on a cheaper game pad? preferably something from Zellers or Walmart. I am looking for something to play roms with not something to replace my mouse and keyboard for FPS. I was going to mod one of my old Xbox controllers but apparently the driver is flaky.

walmart usa lists this logitech game pad so walmart canada should have them.
Walmart.com : Logitech Dual Action Game Pad PC : Computers

Mars

A bit more pricey, but you can pick a wireless xbox 360 controller including the wireless reciever for about $50. The wireless reciever also lets you connect any wireless 360 peripherals.

Mulder

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/301&cl=ca,en

You can find these for maybe 10 bucks. I don't know the quality, but seeing as it's Logitech it's probably not good. Some big box stores have things like these for about 5 bucks. Just shop around.

Thats what just what I was looking for to play some of my older games! Thx Companion_Cube!

I was digging through drawers and boxes of junk earlier today trying to find my old Gravis game pad as thats all I needed to play some of my older games.Alas it seems to have disappeared. I am glad I picked up the game pad I did as it allows me to play other games though.

Anyone else ever had one of these?
Gravis PC GamePad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone else ever had one of these?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Gravis_gamepad.jpg

Last edited:

reaverclan

I was going to mod one of my old Xbox controllers but apparently the driver is flaky.
what driver u using i use the xbox controller spliced and it works awesome u just need to tweak the dead zone a bit, but nice controller

reaverclan

the XBCD ones i dk what version they're probably old ones. i don't use it much now that i have a 360 and play my racing games on that, GRID is very fun lol if want to race pm me lol but yeah the controller was for mostlly TDU.

misterd

I use my Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2 for playing roms in zsnes or snes9x - works great - program the buttons the way you want them and bam! You're back in the early 90's :)