What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

FreeKnight

Was it just me, or was this a fairly crap holiday for game sales? Consoles had a few decent deals, but I didn't see anything that wow'd me on PC. Maybe I just own everything I'm genuinely interested in already....

BabylonDown

sales seemed to be ok. I picked up a couple games I had been waiting to go on sale. somehow I still have money left, so maybe youre correct. :D

FreeKnight

Gog's Having another midweek sale, not amazing but you can get a decent price on a few DRM free goodies; Pillars of Eternity (but not the Expansion :( ), Wasteland 2, Grim Fandango Remastered. All Solid PC games;

GOG.com

sweenytodd

Microsoft Store has Rise of Tomb raider-PC on sale for $54$ US or $62 CAD something.
This sale is only for Windows 10 machine.

[Windows Store] Rise of the Tomb Raider ($53.99/11% off) | Discount applies to Windows 10 devices only.

Now If you change your location setting in Windows to, let's says Ukraine, you'll pay less than 14$ CAD (after conversion).
YMMV, Do it at your own risk.

To change location: Settings --> Time & Language --> Region & Language

people discussing the deal here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/43i6xa/windows_store_rise_of_the_tomb_raider_539911_off/

check out with a Ukraine address and a CAN Credit card.

This is not Steam DRM. It's Microsoft Store.

Currently downloading the game now. Was charged about <$14 CAD.

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
I'm at least glad to hear it's finally out-ish for the PC as I did not feel like spending the full retail price for the Xbone version.

limitedaccess

Microsoft Store retail locations are apparently carrying USD steam cards. So $20 CAD for a $20 USD steam card (automatically gets converted when you input the code, so $20 CAD to about $28 CAD). Supplies are probably low since it's on RFD but worth a look or see if they will restock.

Just double check the back, it'll say USD.

Latest posts

Twitter