What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

Inik

Interesting! The Steam version is 30$ US on their website, so I'm tempted to get it at around 8$

lowfat

Staff member
I bought mine on one of the Steam sales, probably last Christmas. Was like $5-$10 at the time.

I forgot to mention, you can set different backgrounds. Pretty silly that Windows can't even do that properly.

Sagath

Staff member
GOG has a large sale going on, and they appear to be giving games away every day.

Todays free game is NeverWinter Nights Diamond. A classic RPG if there ever was one, and the game has a MASSIVE modding community. Probably rivals Skyrim.

FreeKnight

Damn thinking about picking up every Wing Commander and Ultima game. Would only cost about $25 CAD for a dozen games.

I was eyeballing those WC games earlier. I never played them but heard good about I-IV, are the spinoff games worth getting or pretty meh overall?

Picked up the Ultima Games a long time ago, tried but couldn't get into the first few, just too old and aged. Might try the later entries at some point though.

lowfat

Staff member
I was eyeballing those WC games earlier. I never played them but heard good about I-IV, are the spinoff games worth getting or pretty meh overall?

Picked up the Ultima Games a long time ago, tried but couldn't get into the first few, just too old and aged. Might try the later entries at some point though.
Wing Commander Privateer was really good. IMO the best one.

I wouldn't bother playing any Ultima game older than 7 as they are aren't real time. You can use a program called Exult to make Ultima 7 a bit more modern. You can increase the resolution and clean the images up a lot. Ultima 7 and Ultima 7 Part 2 are pretty good games. Part 2 is one of my all time favourite RPGs.

Ultima 8 is significantly worse.

Ultima 9 is one of the greatest disasters in gaming history. No one should ever buy this game.

Lysrin

Steam's Winter sale has started. Looks like a few new lows according to 'Is there any deal'

Welcome to Steam
I bought the Legends of Grimrock bundle for ~$11 CAD. They have been on my list for a long time and given how much people seem to like them figured they were worth a shot for that price.

*throws another two games on the bought-and-haven't-played pile* :bleh:

Twitter