What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

Supergrover

Website
www.cmstorm.com
Do you still have to use TexMod? The loading time to start the game was brutal with a bunch of texture mods in the past.

Some of the DLC for ME2 is really solid as well. The Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival especially. I liked Overlord but it's kind of a standalone and not really necessary. If you can still only get the DLC through the bioware store it's rarely on sale and can get a bit pricey.
I believe the stand alone ME2 comes with some limited DLC. I already own all the content so it doesnt show on origin but IIRC that was what some ppl were saying.

ipaine

One of the best RPGs ever IMO. You can also mod the textures to the ME3 textures so it looks quite a bit better. Installing the textures is a bit of work, but if you can follow directions it isn't hard.

A Lot Of Textures (ALOT) for ME2 at Mass Effect 2 Nexus - Mods and community
Do you still have to use TexMod? The loading time to start the game was brutal with a bunch of texture mods in the past.

Some of the DLC for ME2 is really solid as well. The Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival especially. I liked Overlord but it's kind of a standalone and not really necessary. If you can still only get the DLC through the bioware store it's rarely on sale and can get a bit pricey.
No its done w/ ME3Explorer.
Yea I used ALOT last time as well. And that was only a couple months ago. What I have done though is installed all the DLC and the texture mods and gotten everything the way I want, and then just backed up the game folder so I don't have to do it next time I want to reinstall it. And boy does it get big, 32.9GB with everything. But at least since it is all done with ME3Eplorer like lowfat mentioned, it doesn't increase the load time. Way better solution than TexMod.

As for the DLC, that is my number one gripe with EA over Mass Effect, I mean LOTS is still $10, I think arrival might be the same. But really on games this old (including ME3) there is no reason to be charging for the DLCs. What they should be doing is repacking it all and offer all three of them with all the DLC for $40 or something. That would sell like crazy and hell I would most likely even get it again just so I didn't have to deal with all the separate DLCs.

Edit: The stuff included with the free ME2 is the following:
Mass Effect™ 2
Cerberus Network
Normandy Crash Site
Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
Cerberus Arc Projector
Cerberus Weapon and Armor
Firewalker Pack
Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack
Mass Effect 2 Digital Art Books
Mass Effect 2 Documentary

Last edited:

Caldezar

Not sure if people want it but figured I would mention it. X-COM: UFO Defense is free from Humble Bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/xcom-ufo-defense-free-game

Only 1 day 19 hours and about 40 minutes left before offer is over as of the time i write this.
I already own this game, but seriously... anyone that doesn't own it should pick it up. This game is a LOT of fun. Before the days of dumbing down strategy and cranking up action.

Lysrin

I already own this game, but seriously... anyone that doesn't own it should pick it up. This game is a LOT of fun. Before the days of dumbing down strategy and cranking up action.
Agreed, many hours churned away playing that one.

Does this version work on modern PCs? I remember a while back trying to play my old copy and it wasn't pretty... funny, but not pretty. Never bothered to try to DOSbox it or anything like that.

FreeKnight

Agreed, many hours churned away playing that one.

Does this version work on modern PCs? I remember a while back trying to play my old copy and it wasn't pretty... funny, but not pretty. Never bothered to try to DOSbox it or anything like that.
It's the steam version so it should. It'll have it's own mini dosbox setup and config set up by Steam if it's anything like Steam and GOG's usual approach.
I played this a lot as a kid and went back to it a few years ago. It's definitely lost some of its sheen, if you're new, be prepared to micromanage or die. The AI cheats terribly in X-Com too. Still a great game though.

FreeKnight

Save 74% on The Deus Ex Collection on Steam

Steam has all Deus Ex games on sale right now. Up to 75% off if you buy the bundle and it seems to discount based on which Deus Ex games you already own. Since I'm just missing the Fall and Mankind divided and the Season Pass, it ended up being $30.67 for those 3 for me, whereas it'd be $41.08 for just mankind divided and the season pass.

Definitely the cheapest Mankind divided has been yet (with the possible exception of gray market resellers).

ipaine

Save 74% on The Deus Ex Collection on Steam

Steam has all Deus Ex games on sale right now. Up to 75% off if you buy the bundle and it seems to discount based on which Deus Ex games you already own. Since I'm just missing the Fall and Mankind divided and the Season Pass, it ended up being $30.67 for those 3 for me, whereas it'd be $41.08 for just mankind divided and the season pass.

Definitely the cheapest Mankind divided has been yet (with the possible exception of gray market resellers).
It is just a shame that the bundle includes the season pass. I would love to grab it if it didn't have that poor excuse for a DLC included. I mean really, stuff I can only use once ever? What a joke. And it is even discounted the least. :doh:

Oh but the rest of the deal is really good.

Caldezar

It is just a shame that the bundle includes the season pass. I would love to grab it if it didn't have that poor excuse for a DLC included. I mean really, stuff I can only use once ever? What a joke. And it is even discounted the least. :doh:

Oh but the rest of the deal is really good.
You CAN buy the games separately on sale...

Twitter