What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

JD

Staff member
What buttons did you have appearing on your Uplay app? Or did you use the site? Safe to assume the have wasn't installed beforehand on the PC? Really wondering if that's my issue... But this is still pretty ridiculous of a problem. "Oh, you share a PC with someone that owns the gave already? Too bad, you're not allowed to have it" 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I'm wondering if that's the issue. Have you tried making another user account on Windows and switching to that? Otherwise maybe clear out %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher?

Other thought would be a different PC/phone/tablet entirely, as maybe they store your computer ID or something when you "activate" the free game to stop people from making a bunch of alt accounts and re-selling them.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I got it to work on a different PC. The Uplay app account on that PC, once signed in, was still just "news" and "games". But I then went to the online Ubisoft store, tried to claim the game from there and had the site link open in the Uplay app = Bingo!

(I'm going to double post to make the instructions clearer for others now)

CMetaphor

Quadfather
To claim Division 1 FREE until Monday Sept 8th:

Log into your Uplay App. If you see only the buttons for "News" and "Games" go to Option B below. If you already have Division installed on your PC, you need to do either Option A or B on a different PC (or uninstall Division entirely, maybe)

Option A:
1) From within the Uplay app, click "Discover" if you don't see a banner for the offer right at the top.
2) Simply claim the game directly within the app.

Option B: (With Uplay open and logged in)
1) Go to store.ubi.com and Find the Division.
2) Click "Claim for Free" (or however it's written) and let the browser open the link in the Uplay app.
3) Enjoy an awesome game!

belgolas

My friends and I are having some fun playing 3 player coop. Though I like to explore a bit and then one of my friends triggers an event and gets knocked down and I have to run over and save him. Finding it a bit easy but enemies are bullet spun-gee.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
My friends and I are having some fun playing 3 player coop. Though I like to explore a bit and then one of my friends triggers an event and gets knocked down and I have to run over and save him. Finding it a bit easy but enemies are bullet spun-gee.

The bullet sponge part is one of the biggest complaints of the Division series, but it can be changed - almost on the fly - once you're in the endgame.

See, Division 1 (don't know about 2 yet) is really two or three games in one. From level 1-30 it's a looter shooter freeroaming non-linear awesome fps/rpg. Once you hit level 30 though, you can do all of that AND he the endgame content. Daily challenges, incursions, underground, survival. I've never played a game with so much to do after the main SP/coop campaign was over. The bullet sponge part gets addressed by World Tiers at this point. World tier 1 is easy, enemies Will drop like flies to a good squad with good equipment. But World Tier 5 is the exact opposite. Enemies need to kited, and the whole game is more akin to regular MMO RPGs with boss battles. The largest enemies Will be sponges, and will require teamwork and tactics to take down.
It's a fantastic way of being able to pick your own balance while gaming. I normally run tier 3-4 when alone, and 5 only when I've got a good squad with me.
👍