What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

crazyea

I was thinking EA didn’t make a golf game in a while and got excited, then I realized you probably mean 2K21.

Let me know how it is.

sswilson

Staff member
Lots of annoying ads so far... :)

I only flashed it up and did the initial driver/putting tutorials, but so far it looks pretty good on a 32" 2K screen and the mouse controls seem decent enough.

Maybe all sanctioned/sponsored sports titles are the same way, but the amount of DLC for clothing/gear is a bit off-putting.

crazyea

Lots of annoying ads so far... :)

I only flashed it up and did the initial driver/putting tutorials, but so far it looks pretty good on a 32" 2K screen and the mouse controls seem decent enough.

Maybe all sanctioned/sponsored sports titles are the same way, but the amount of DLC for clothing/gear is a bit off-putting.
They all chip away at people with these microtransactions now.

sswilson

Staff member
I noticed in my steam feed that there's at least one regular member here who's played it for what looks like a fair bit this year.... maybe he'll drop in with his impressions. :)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If you're talking about me, I love golf and this is as close as I can get regularly without a 4-5 hour investment. Ignore all the clothing crap if you want, it has nothing to do with the game. The unlockable clubs are definitely longer, and where I'd concentrate on upgrades. The game play is good, the physics seem bang on. I'm not a huge fan of the Tiger-trail during ball flight but that can be turned off. I found the constant switching to watch competing PGA player's shots a bit annoying, so I turned that off. The commentary from the announcers is pretty enjoyable. When you get to the course, the shot yardage shows in-air carry yardage, so you have to learn to adjust your shots for your actual carry-plus-roll to get close to the pin.

I can't say anything about the multi-player as I've never tried it.

sswilson

Staff member
If you're talking about me

Heh... well I am, but didn't feel it was my place to name names.... :)

Glad to hear it's got your seal of approval. I played a lot of links 386 back in the day, and am thinking that this might be a decent time sink that I can even play on my laptop if I wish.

edit: and glad to hear that it's playable long term without multiplayer.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I played a lot of Links as well, back in the day. I also had the Golf Club 2019 version which became the PGA 2021. The menu system in 2021 is bit wonky, but overall it's an improvement. One thing I haven't got into is community-designed courses, I need to find some time to give those a try.

clshades

I grabbed PGA Tour 2021 @ $26.39.

I had looked at grabbing a golf "sim" in the fall (hoping to relive my links 386 days :) ), but I couldn't justify the $60 - $80 it was going to cost me for something I might not enjoy. Sub-$30 is much easier to swallow.

I didn't like it much. Got my money back on steam. Can't go wrong for 26 Bux I guess.

crazyea

I played all of the tiger woods games. Didn’t touch Rory’s version.

My favourite all time golf game was Wicked 18 on the 3DO.

Latest posts

Twitter