What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

On2wheels

Whats the deal for Thursday on Steam, I still see Wednesdays deal.
Supreme Commander 2, $3.75, anyone getting it? Or have it already? Worth it? I suppose for that price you can't go wrong. I'm not a huge RTS gamer but they have their time and place.

Thanks for the heads up on the d2d sale, hailtothechief, that's a nice way to get Brink again for 39.99, also a Steamworks title, so you can activate it on Steam :)

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Steam sales always change over at 10:00 am PST. It gives them time to have a morning Starbucks at Valve's offices in Seattle.

muse108dc

Supreme Commander 2 was a bitter disappointment, it basically butchered everything that was good and different about SupCom, economy was heavily dumbed down and in my opinion the economy as difficult as it was to master was one of the best elements of the game, the entire feeling of scale was lost, it no longer feels like you are controlling thousands of units on maps kms huge. I would not recommend it, might be worth the 3.75 but just dont go in expecting Supreme Commander

Edit: Civilization V is also on sale for 40% off on Steam this Weekend in addition to the continuation of the Square Enix Sale. Now just need to decide if the soundtrack and Nebuchadnezzar II is worth getting the special edition

Last edited:

shayan288

Yep D2D also has Civ 5 for 29.99 PLUS they have the hailtothechief 20% off code. So it comes out to $24.22 CAD (that is what they billed me).

Crazy deal, and I just bought because of the the price; I don't even like Civ.

sswilson

Staff member
Finally pulled the pin on Civ V. I've been threatening to grab it but was waiting until it came on sale. Now to see if it'll run at all on my P4 laptop.......... :)

slippy

Loving these Steam deals! Although I only bought Arkham Asylum - great game BTW!

Latest posts