What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

jigglylizard

Ah, that might be it, I went through paypal. I didn't want to get double charged so I didn't try it with my CC.

What do you mean by double-charge?

I pay with my credit card. Charged in USD but converted by Mastercard to CAD (they take a spread of $0.025 or so). Meh. The great deals are worth it and I pay max 1 tax (not sure if any, can't remember....)

thorn

What do you mean by double-charge?

I pay with my credit card. Charged in USD but converted by Mastercard to CAD (they take a spread of $0.025 or so). Meh. The great deals are worth it and I pay max 1 tax (not sure if any, can't remember....)

Double charged because I had already tried with paypal but it gave me some strange error so I wasn't sure if the payment had gone through. I didn't want to then try with my CC directly and risk paying twice. In the end it worked out, and I only payed a little bit more than had I payed in USD before being converted to CAD.

You don't pay any tax on steam purchases, in Canada at least, I think some states charge though.

DkRk

I actually liked the game. It has a short story BUT a very GOOD story. I just found it A) short and B) linear.
It takes awhile to get used to the controls (the cars ALL feel like they are on 'ice'...even the summer time section) but it is enjoyable (especially the golden oldies on the radio...brings back memories :) ). I really hated that fact that it wasnt a sandbox enviro. You really had to follow the story line, and while you COULD do some minor things like steal cars and stores...there really is no reason to do it. Its a A -> B -> C game. PLUS the cops are stupid. Red lights...no problem wave to them as blow threw a dozen of em they do NOT care. Go over the speed limit == problem...BUT out run them for a couple seconds and the prob goes away....even if you have just plowed over a dozen peeps! Hell pop a dozen cops and all you need do is change your car (steal another one or just change the plates) and change your cloths and presto you are no longer a wanted man! Other than that it was VERY enjoyable. :)

I took heed, and picked up Mafia 2 on sale. I gotta say, I found the game to be really fun, although had I paid forty or fifty bucks, I'd have been less impressed. Mowing down three dozen greasers, stealing one of their rat-rods and running from the cops with Little Richard on the radio put a big grin on my face. So thanks for swaying me to give it a shot. :biggrin:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Haven't played World, but Hot Pursuit is fun. And it's always better on PC, if you ask me. Cheaper, too. :)

geokilla

How is NFS : World (the strictly online one?) Anyone like NFS Hot Pursuit for PC? Or is it better on CONSOLE?

Thanks guys :)
Hot Pursuit is nothing like World, because Hot Pursuit is 10X better than World. PC Gamer gave Hot Pursuit like 70+/100, while PSM gave it 10/10.

About World... no skill involved? Still buggy and laggy. I haven't played it in a long time and don't think I will again.

Latest posts