What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

Lysrin

Not a sale, just a head's up that the pre-load of the new skyrim special edition is now available on steam.

I'm looking forward to this too but at the same time a little bit torn. I have over 150 mods installed and I really love my Skyrim now and it looks fantastic! Not sure if I want to start the whole process again with the special edition! :biggrin: But I'll have to have a look if I can free up the disk space. Did they increase the actual LOD or is it new textures and lighting stuff only?

Update: Oooo just learned that Special Edition has a 64-bit engine! That is very impressive! Means modding has essentially no RAM limit now. That makes a very promising future for Skyrim!

Last edited:
G

Just played a few min here, wife time right now play time later, but yeah looks pretty sweet IMO, LOD look bumped up...... though been a longtime since I played without mods. Normal edition IIRC I have 239 mods running so obviously doesn't look like vanilla Skyrim.
no SKYUI though blows, gotten so used to it and my font replacers......

sswilson

Staff member
I was under the impression that skyui was going to be compatible from the get go...... (Don't remember where I saw that though....).

Groove

Wow, was totally out of the loop on that one and just realized Steam gave it to me for free, I had no idea they were giving it if you owned the original :D

Arinoth

Staff member
Wow, was totally out of the loop on that one and just realized Steam gave it to me for free, I had no idea they were giving it if you owned the original :D

If you owned the original and the dlc Bethesda was giving you the 'new' remastered version for free. Missing ANY piece of DLC, no free for you.

sswilson

Staff member
Display fusion allows for a second monitor to be cloned even if it's not the same res doesn't it?

Unfortunately, the rest of it is subscription..... :(

lowfat

Staff member
Display Fusion is really one of the best apps I've bought. You can do so much w/ it. I can't answer the question about cloning as it isn't something I've really ever needed. But the Taskbar for the 2nd display that it adds is so much better than the way Windows does it normally. You get the system tray on both (if you want). Able to pin different icons to each taskbar. You can choose which display apps open on. Windows snap together! You can also easily set profiles to disable displays, set different resolutions and refresh rates, as well as cloning (no idea on difference resolutions though).

You can also right click the task bar to set different audio devices. So if you have a TV hooked up via HDMI. You can switch to the HMDI audio w/ 2 clicks.

Not sure what I paid for it but it is worth it many times over.

Latest posts