What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

Bond007

FreeKnight

So anyone for some nostalgia? Go grab Full Throttle Remastered from GOG. It's 20% off till the 25th.

https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

Oh yea and they are having a big sale on the Saints Row games, and #2 is currently free.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20170420_special_promo_deep_silver

https://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2

How do you think full throttle will feel to people who's never played it? I finally tried Day of the Tentacle remastered, but it's just so damn slow and just 'decent' humour wise. Since I didn't have any nostalgia for it I think I'm not enjoying it as much as people who played it back in the day.

I always assumed I should try DOTT, FT and Grim Fandago since they received so much positive press, but DOTT is really feeling like a slog to me (and I loved sierra adventure games)

ipaine

How do you think full throttle will feel to people who's never played it? I finally tried Day of the Tentacle remastered, but it's just so damn slow and just 'decent' humour wise. Since I didn't have any nostalgia for it I think I'm not enjoying it as much as people who played it back in the day.

I always assumed I should try DOTT, FT and Grim Fandago since they received so much positive press, but DOTT is really feeling like a slog to me (and I loved sierra adventure games)

Well since I only played Full Throttle a little bit at a friends place I'm basically in the same boat. I did fire it up and run through the first little bit and it ain't bad. But we will see how it goes.

As for DOTT, I never reallygot into that one, and like you I loved the Sierra games. Hell I was playing Police Quest just a few weeks ago, ran through 1 and 2, then was on 3 but Mass Effect was released so, I switched to it.

vulcan500rider

Full Throttle moves somewhat faster, and the puzzles tend to be a little more obvious. Some of the ones in Day of the Tentacle are not only flavoured with (fitting) ridiculousness, but deliberately meant to stump you. At least the Full Throttle puzzles tend to have some sensible logic to them--including a few situations where you just boot down the door.

G

Just a heads up last 2 day to ever get Alan Wake, it is 90% off pretty much everywhere, steam, Bundlestars, gmg.

Jokester

Changed my mind on the game. Crazy boring. Combat is terrible. I haven't seen such a repetitive form of combat since The Witcher 1.

It's fun for awhile but yes the go take out a warlord or whatever gets tiresome. It's all a bit the same.

G

Agreed, same combat as batman IMO. Mind you the BM games fleshed it out with story so it didnt get to old.

FreeKnight

Save 90% on Alan Wake on Steam

Alan Wake's getting pulled due to licensing issues with it's soundtrack. It's on for $5 with all the DLC/expansion. It's old enough that I doubt remedy will want to pony up the money to renew the licenses so it might be gone from etailers for good.

Latest posts