What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Game Sale PSA

sswilson

Staff member
Just finished playing my first round, and aside from going from bunker to rough wayyyyy too much I enjoyed it. Controls aren't too complex and on beginner it pre-selects what appears to be the most appropriate club/style (but it's easy to override if you want).

Definitely fits the time sink style of game I was looking for, and (IMO) worth the sub-$27 it cost me.

sswilson

Staff member
So.... 4 hours in and I think it's a keeper (especially @ $27). Might not be for everybody, but (IMO) it's a decent little 45 minute / round time waster. Mouse control isn't overly difficult, but there is some skill/memory muscle involved to get a straight shot. So far my biggest issue is going too long.

ipaine

I bought The Golf Club 2019, about a year ago and forgot that I had it completely. Guessing I should maybe try playing that before buying this one.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... the hilly greens on the lunenburg course are brutal!!!!! (The commentary is starting to get a bit old, especially the line that goes something like "that looks like it's going to stay in the cut area" and then never does..... :)

Herne

My favourite all time golf game was Wicked 18 on the 3DO.
tumblr_nz0mnpHeEc1t0oqv2o1_500.gif

Cannon Fodder

BF5 is free if you have Prime.

My wife has a Prime account, so I signed in, to check it out, and couldn't easily find a link to Prime Gaming. Did some poking around, into the account menu, and then looked at Prime Benefits, and there it had mention of Prime Gaming, and got to it that way. Once there, it appears as if you need to log in AGAIN, and when I did, it said something about, "You appear to be coming from Canada", so I carried on anyway, and it seemed to work, BUT this has me wondering WTF is going on, i.e. even though I found it while logged in to Amazon.ca, is this supposed to be just an Amazon.com thing, given the separate login, and if it's supposed to be a Prime Benefit, on Amazon.ca, WHY THE HELL doesn't there appear to be a direct menu item to select to get there, like there is for Prime Video!? :unsure:

lowfat

Staff member
My wife has a Prime account, so I signed in, to check it out, and couldn't easily find a link to Prime Gaming. Did some poking around, into the account menu, and then looked at Prime Benefits, and there it had mention of Prime Gaming, and got to it that way. Once there, it appears as if you need to log in AGAIN, and when I did, it said something about, "You appear to be coming from Canada", so I carried on anyway, and it seemed to work, BUT this has me wondering WTF is going on, i.e. even though I found it while logged in to Amazon.ca, is this supposed to be just an Amazon.com thing, given the separate login, and if it's supposed to be a Prime Benefit, on Amazon.ca, WHY THE HELL doesn't there appear to be a direct menu item to select to get there, like there is for Prime Video!? :unsure:
Does my link not work for you?