What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gamers Nexus Roasted MSI Over PR Behavior

moocow

A bit of a follow up of what happened to TechTeamGB and Steve spewed some of the MSI PR stuff he had to deal with in the past.

FreeKnight

I watched this and it's definitely damning. Not terribly surprising, but still a poor showing by MSI.

FreeKnight

Really like his channel. Appreciate that he is able to do stuff like this.
GN's become my go-to for reviews and vids. Sure the production and showmanship values might not be as high as some others, but I want info, not fancy staging and graphics. Does a good job of presenting quantitative data and doesn't seem to succumb to too much of the reviewer BS. Plus the click-bait headlines and bylines are pretty minimal for GN.

I still like HWC, and Optimum tech is my SFF go-to but I'd say GN has become my overall favorite and the only one where I watch the majority of his vids, even the news updates.

Vittra

Further to the vid (watched it almost when it came out last morning), MSI has a history of trying to pay out people "market value" for their graphics cards within RMA period instead of providing a replacement as well. They may try to do this even on relatively new GPUs.

Steve and his crew have shown that journalism and ethics still have a place in the tech space alongside reviews - even with consumption of media shifting from written to visual. Losing [H] was a blow in this regard, but I'm glad someone else was able to step into the space (and was already making strides to doing so long before that).

moocow

Further to the vid (watched it almost when it came out last morning), MSI has a history of trying to pay out people "market value" for their graphics cards within RMA period instead of providing a replacement as well. They may try to do this even on relatively new GPUs.

I think you can sue them for that unless the warranty contract explicitly said they can do it. You could challenge them in small claims court if you want to spend time to do so but who are you going to direct the paperwork to?

I think I need to check out TechTeamGB just get give them a few cents from YT. Plus that big ass mouse mat from GN looks really good and I think I'll order one after a few pay checks.

gingerbee

GN, LMG, JAYS2cents, and techyescity are my go too's not in that order but GN has some serious testing ability for all the fine details

I lost faith in MSI when several of there products just didn't last like others in the market space

Latest posts