What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(Games are lagging with new setup) EDIT: the issue is the DPC Latency, does anybody have any solution for this?

smh

I upgraded my PC recently, the specs are:
Motherboard: H510M S2H rev 1
GPU: GIGABYTE OC G1 GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU: i3 10100f
RAM: 2 x Geil EVO Potenza 8GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz
PSU: MWE 650 White
and even in a game like Strongholds Warlords which is not heavy for these specs, I'm barely getting 40~50 FPS on low settings with 1360x768 resolution, and Battlefield V is completely unplayable it runs
on 10~30 FPS!!!
I have all of the motherboards drivers installed, the graphics driver is also up to date
I've tried reinstalling the graphics driver multiple times with DDU
I've switched my RAM's slot, unplugged and replugged my GPU, didn't fix it
tried reinstalling windows too
I'm actually so upset that I can't use the new setup properly, it's been 2 weeks now:(
does anybody know how to fix this? please help :((((

BFV lowest settings / 1360x768 res
Screenshot (10).png

And this is the Hwinfo64 app running in the background while running BFV:
CeK6YBA.png

Strongholds Warlords: (Ultra settings with 1360x768 resolution)
Screenshot (3).png

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
CPU limitation I would think? Lower resolutions are almost always CPU, not GPU, bound. And the 10100f isnt exactly a screamer, I think its equal to about a 4770k?

Edit; The GPU could definitely be a limiting factor and this is just what you should expect for frame rates. Userbenchmark (use with a grain of salt...) shows a 1060 performs about 56% better across their benchmarks, but I cant find what CPU they're referencing with that data.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Looking at your systems specs, you're honestly just underpowered. Stronghold's recommended specs are;
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent
RAM: 16 GB
VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
FREE DISK SPACE: 6 GB
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

Battlefield V's are:
Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Available Disk Space: 50GB

You're probably ok Ram-wise but your CPU and GPU are on the low end. Your CPU is espescially on the weak end. An i5 is generally your minimum for functional gaming rigs.

There's a couple things you can check though;
1) Close as many background tasks as you can and see if that helps. Any printer software, RGB software, game launchers (GOG, Steam, Epic, etc). You want to save as much functional CPU for gaming as you can.
2) Check your cooling. Your GPU temps look fine, but I don't know what your CPU is running at. Just like a GPU it's performance will decrease if it's running too hot. You may need more airflow to the CPU and/or a better cooler. i3s generally don't pump out a lot of heat, but it's a possible issue in your system.
3) Double check that both your ram sticks are working and try enabling XMP (might not be an option on your MB though) or see if you can manually put in your timings in BIOS. Could be running at the base DDR4 speed (2666 I think) and not the 3200 it's rated for.

My suspcion is that your CPU is just not up to the task. You can probably run Warlords, but expect Battlefield V to run like garbage no matter what you do unless you replace the CPU

Izerous

Folding Team
In single to quad core tasks benchmarks shows the 10100F as comparable to a 2700x so it might not quite be the problem here. I would't expect strongholds to be 8 core optimized for example.

I'm extremely curious about things like your ram/cpu frequencies and such. Cpu temps don't suggest throttling but it isn't clear from what you have provided. Actual running Ram frequencies also don't seem to be provided.

lowfat

Staff member
In stronghold it shows it only using 1 thread. BF5 has 78% CPU usage. So I don't think a different CPU will help in this case. Strongholds shows the GPU pretty much fully loaded. So I'd say that one is GPU bound. And even BF5 is close.

Bond007

Agree with others. While they may be upgraded parts to you, I think that is likely all you are going to get from it.

While the cpu is not high end, the GPU is BY FAR the limiting factor. I would summarize the 1050ti as a 1080p medium settings gpu (old titles higher and demanding titles lower). Some games may be in-playable.

Last edited:

Bond007

To add to my previous post, what are your settings in bfv ?

I searched around, and people with similar setups are reporting around 50-70 fps in bfv at 1080p and low settings. Based on that, anything above low settings is probably too much for the GPU.

smh

CPU limitation I would think? Lower resolutions are almost always CPU, not GPU, bound. And the 10100f isnt exactly a screamer, I think its equal to about a 4770k?

Edit; The GPU could definitely be a limiting factor and this is just what you should expect for frame rates. Userbenchmark (use with a grain of salt...) shows a 1060 performs about 56% better across their benchmarks, but I cant find what CPU they're referencing with that data.
But there are videos on youtube playing smoothly with this setup, this i3 10100f is stronger than my previous i5 3570s based on benchmark comparing, I'm not even getting fps like my old build, it's way worse than that though, with a newer build and presumably stronger, there's something wrong with this new build, even with no improvements, this should at least give me fps like my old setup, i3 10100f should be better than i5 3570s, right? :/ look at the comparison between i3 10100f and i5 3570s on cpu.userbenchmark, I can't post it's link in here

Last edited:

smh

Looking at your systems specs, you're honestly just underpowered. Stronghold's recommended specs are;
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent
RAM: 16 GB
VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
FREE DISK SPACE: 6 GB
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

Battlefield V's are:
Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Available Disk Space: 50GB

You're probably ok Ram-wise but your CPU and GPU are on the low end. Your CPU is espescially on the weak end. An i5 is generally your minimum for functional gaming rigs.

There's a couple things you can check though;
1) Close as many background tasks as you can and see if that helps. Any printer software, RGB software, game launchers (GOG, Steam, Epic, etc). You want to save as much functional CPU for gaming as you can.
2) Check your cooling. Your GPU temps look fine, but I don't know what your CPU is running at. Just like a GPU it's performance will decrease if it's running too hot. You may need more airflow to the CPU and/or a better cooler. i3s generally don't pump out a lot of heat, but it's a possible issue in your system.
3) Double check that both your ram sticks are working and try enabling XMP (might not be an option on your MB though) or see if you can manually put in your timings in BIOS. Could be running at the base DDR4 speed (2666 I think) and not the 3200 it's rated for.

My suspcion is that your CPU is just not up to the task. You can probably run Warlords, but expect Battlefield V to run like garbage no matter what you do unless you replace the CPU
But this i3 10100f should be better than my old i5 3570s based on the comparison on cpu.benchmark website, I can't post the link in here I guess, just look that up
my old setup with i5 3570s, 12GB ddr3 ram was running games smoothly, this new setup should not be like this, it's way worse than my old build though I think it's better than that, my GPU was the same
people are also playing smoothly with this specs on youtube

and I manually set my RAM to 2666, enabling xmp would cause blue screen and wasn't stable

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter