What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(Games are lagging with new setup) EDIT: the issue is the DPC Latency, does anybody have any solution for this?

djbrad

At 720p resolution, it's often cpu limited. At least use 1080p and see the results (1920x1080p) at low / medium / high.

The system is new, but very low end.

Are you running the latest bios available?

Bond007

Based on your last couple responses, I think you may actually be right in that you should be getting better performance than you are (but I still wouldn't expect anything crazy). Also, as djbrad said, I would recommend just using 1080p (no reason for less, even while you troubleshoot)).

Have you changed many settings in the bios? Your ram settings not to spec at all. clshades mentioned your ram potentially being the issue, and he may well be correct. Can you go into bios and put all ram settings (timings and voltage) to auto, but then change it to xmp enabled? If that isn't stable you can try manually forcing the ram voltage to spec, or up a touch.

Yes the new CPU should be faster than your old 3570k. In GPU limited games you may not see any/much change if it is the same.

smh

(hwinfo and cpu-z will show half speed because it is DDR memory) so the ram is running 2666 but.

If you did it manually your timings could be out to lunch instead of using the XMP profiles. If it was crashing with XMP since that is kind a dummy setting it suggests there might be more issues.

Cross comparing the setup to similar setups running 1080p isn't quite a great comparison and mentioned before low resolutions load the cpu heavily and under utilize the GPU borrowing a q080p monitor from a friend and rechecked things wouldn't hurt.

Your RAM timing are also wrong based ona Google search for the RAM you mention is see
16,18,18,36 and not only are you running undercooked on the ram but your timings are set even slower than that. When your frequency is under set your timing should be tighter not looser.

That won't double your frame rate but makes me wonder what else is going on with how everything is configured that is being missed
I haven't touched the BIOS settings except for the fast boot mode and the ram frequency and now I'll see if I can lower the timings

smh

Based on your last couple responses, I think you may actually be right in that you should be getting better performance than you are (but I still wouldn't expect anything crazy). Also, as djbrad said, I would recommend just using 1080p (no reason for less, even while you troubleshoot)).

Have you changed many settings in the bios? Your ram settings not to spec at all. clshades mentioned your ram potentially being the issue, and he may well be correct. Can you go into bios and put all ram settings (timings and voltage) to auto, but then change it to xmp enabled? If that isn't stable you can try manually forcing the ram voltage to spec, or up a touch.

Yes the new CPU should be faster than your old 3570k. In GPU limited games you may not see any/much change if it is the same.
I'm not actually expecting much more frames, my previous setup would lag a lot in crowded places, I thought upgrading the cpu would make it a little bit better, a bit more stable, since an i5 with 3rd generation was too old, and I had friends with the same GPU but they had better CPUs, and they were satisfied with their FPS but I wasn't
No I just enabled the fast boot mode (something like that) and set the ram frequency, and I think I should edit the timings as well, since they're incorrect as lzareous mentioned

smh

At 720p resolution, it's often cpu limited. At least use 1080p and see the results (1920x1080p) at low / medium / high.

The system is new, but very low end.

Are you running the latest bios available?
ok, I'll test it with 1080p, I'm not expecting more than the videos on youtube either, they have this exact setup, but they're playing smoothly, but there's definitely something wrong with my setup cause I'm not even close to them
Yes the bios is up to date

sswilson

Staff member
Is there an option for XMP in the bios? Your CPU will limit mem freq to 2666 (will show as 1/2 that in cpu-z), but if it works, it should set the secondary timings to optimum.

Looking at the screenshots you've posted, it definitely looks like your cpu is fine but your vid card is maxing out. Have you tried running benchmarks on the card to see how it compares to other 1050 ti cards? Is it possible it's a used card that was mined on for several years?

smh

Is there an option for XMP in the bios? Your CPU will limit mem freq to 2666 (will show as 1/2 that in cpu-z), but if it works, it should set the secondary timings to optimum.

Looking at the screenshots you've posted, it definitely looks like your cpu is fine but your vid card is maxing out. Have you tried running benchmarks on the card to see how it compares to other 1050 ti cards? Is it possible it's a used card that was mined on for several years?
Yes there is, but enabling it causes blue screen errors I think it's because of the voltage, since I manually set it to 2666 with 1.2 voltage, it's working correctly, but I increase the voltage to 1.3 the system will be unstable, and it will throw errors when I try to install programs, errors like 7-Zip CRC Error, 7-Zip DATA Error, but reducing the voltage to 1.2 fixed them all
Yes I've tried bench test, and it's always at a "poor" state, sometimes it says that it's missing the GPU :|
and I swear that my GPU is well seated and correctly plugged

smh

(hwinfo and cpu-z will show half speed because it is DDR memory) so the ram is running 2666 but.

If you did it manually your timings could be out to lunch instead of using the XMP profiles. If it was crashing with XMP since that is kind a dummy setting it suggests there might be more issues.

Cross comparing the setup to similar setups running 1080p isn't quite a great comparison and mentioned before low resolutions load the cpu heavily and under utilize the GPU borrowing a q080p monitor from a friend and rechecked things wouldn't hurt.

Your RAM timing are also wrong based ona Google search for the RAM you mention is see
16,18,18,36 and not only are you running undercooked on the ram but your timings are set even slower than that. When your frequency is under set your timing should be tighter not looser.

That won't double your frame rate but makes me wonder what else is going on with how everything is configured that is being missed
I lowered the timings as you said, but no difference, can I enable XMP and then lower the voltage to 1.2? or the timings of the XMP might be incorrect too? since I tested the 1.35 voltage with my current 2666Mhz which I've manually set, and it caused errors

smh

I should also say that the audio through my monitor, not a monitor actually it's a TV I use as a monitor, the sound is so crackling and full of noise, but the noise gets fixed automatically after a few seconds that the video is being played, it doesn't happen with mp3's and musics, just the files with video format, and it's only noisy through the monitor, the sound of headphones are good and without noise,
I've raised this issue on other sites as well, and someone asked about this audio issue himself, you can read it here, at about the bottom of the page, I couldn't add normal links because I'm new here:
hardforum.com/threads/games-are-lagging-with-new-setup-please-help.2013451/#post-1045124951

Last edited:

Latest posts