What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

(Games are lagging with new setup) EDIT: the issue is the DPC Latency, does anybody have any solution for this?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
OP stated they've already reformatted, and the issue persisted.

Based, on that my gut tells me that there is an improper driver being installed each time, and they're going to have to be very selective about whats getting installed during setup, and manually afterwards.

gingerbee

Ya this total sounds like a driver problem and as others have stated you'll have to walk through every driver till you find the one causing the problems, what a pain in the ass sorry man.

smh

Yeh, don't let windows auto install Gpu drivers. Maybe a safe mode, unplug internet, driver wipe, install Nvidia drivers is in order.
I always unplug the internet while installing windows, and then I run the nvidia driver installer, and I only install the graphics driver not geforce experience, not PhysX, not even HD audio, is this correct? and before installing graphics driver first I install the visual c runtimes, all of them 2005~2019

smh

Ya this total sounds like a driver problem and as others have stated you'll have to walk through every driver till you find the one causing the problems, what a pain in the ass sorry man.
I don't think testing each driver will fix the problem, I've even tested version 383, but the issue still appears, I saw someone suggesting to install the Windows 10 Enterprise only! I guess I'll try that as well, I'm really tired of reinstalling windows though :/

clshades

Well like I mentioned before. DPC is video card related. If it's not the drivers or every iterations you've tried, then it's a hardware issue and it won't be solved with software.

To be completely honest with you though, you need a vid card with more memory. Unfortunately, there's no getting around spending 3-4 hundred dollars to get anything close to reasonable game play, for any of the current games.

smh

Well like I mentioned before. DPC is video card related. If it's not the drivers or every iterations you've tried, then it's a hardware issue and it won't be solved with software.

To be completely honest with you though, you need a vid card with more memory. Unfortunately, there's no getting around spending 3-4 hundred dollars to get anything close to reasonable game play, for any of the current games.
I know it's not enough, but this gpu was working fine on my previous setup, wtf is wrong with my current setup that it doesn't work :l
I think the gpu is fine as hardware side, because if it was damaged or something, I would see the signs of that on my display, like color changing, glitches, etc...
this DPC latency has two main causes, and they're the dxgkrnl.sys and the nvddlmkm.sys, which are both installed with the graphics driver

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
There is more to a fully functioning PC with a gpu setup than just the nV drivers. Are you installing all of your motherboard drivers too?

Latest posts