What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gaming build

perfecto

My son and I have been putting this together over the last few weeks, and we're done with everything now except the video card :

Intel Core i5-3570K
Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B
Asus P8Z77-V LX ATX
Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Sandisk Extreme 120GB
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
XFX 650W ATX12V

The case was fantastic for cable management, and love the Zalman cooler!

Now my big dilemma is over the video card - ideally I'd like to spend around $200, but I really like the idea of the Powercolor 7870+ MYST especially at that price. I am a little concerned about its power draw and the general brand quality. If not the MYST then what else would you recommend in my price range that would be similar in terms of performance?

Unfortunately nobody local stocks the Sapphire 7870 XT or I would consider that.

rjbarker

^^^ Hard to know without specifying your monitor Resolution ?? If its a 1080 Res and you want to purchase "now" you can never go wrong spending a tad more on a decent GPU (nothing more disappointing then realizing your GPU is slowing you down), consider a Geforce GTX 660ti

I'm not an ATI fan.

Bond007

Sub $200 is a gtx 650ti boost or potentially a good deal on a gtx 660. If you expand the budget, then other options open.

rjbarker

What games? If its recent DX11 Titles anything less than a 660ti, just dont expect killer game play with oodles of eye candy, you'll have to do some tweaking (turning off / down settings)...no biggie if your prepared for it.

Latest posts

Twitter