What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gaming crashes my pc

clouter

setup :
e8500 @ 4.16ghz stable since the last two years on a corsair h50
4gb @ 800mhz
gigabyte gtx 570 OC just bought it
corsair 750watts psu

my pc boots up fine
renders the desktop fine
plays videos and hd movies fine

but when I load whatever game, it will get me to the menu, but once i load the game, the second it tries to render a 3d ingame image, the computer will crash and I have to hard reset it

I tried with another graphics card and the problem goes away so I'm pretty sure the gtx 570 is up to no good

the factory clock of the GTX570 is 732mhz but mine is the OC version clocked at 780mhz. I tried underclocking it to 732mhz with msi afterburner, it will still crash on games.

cant even run furmark, as soon as it tries to generat the animation, pc crashes and i have to hard reset

what's going on ? :doh:

tyreman

setup :
e8500 @ 4.16ghz stable since the last two years on a corsair h50
4gb @ 800mhz
gigabyte gtx 570 OC just bought it
corsair 750watts psu

my pc boots up fine
renders the desktop fine
plays videos and hd movies fine

but when I load whatever game, it will get me to the menu, but once i load the game, the second it tries to render a 3d ingame image, the computer will crash and I have to hard reset it

I tried with another graphics card and the problem goes away so I'm pretty sure the gtx 570 is up to no good

the factory clock of the GTX570 is 732mhz but mine is the OC version clocked at 780mhz. I tried underclocking it to 732mhz with msi afterburner, it will still crash on games.

cant even run furmark, as soon as it tries to generat the animation, pc crashes and i have to hard reset

what's going on ? :doh:
The computer crashes it freezes, BSOD??

Masteroderus

Without additional info, I would say it sounds like a dust bunny is crashing your games. If the gpu temps aren't really high then mabye it's the psu.

I speak from personal experience where replacing the PSU solved my crashes like magic.

clouter

What are the temps you're getting? Try setting your fan to 100% and see if it still fails
temps are in the 40s even with fan at 40%, and it doesnt crash after a couple mins, its litteraly at the second it tries to generate an image, the pc crashed right after the loading bar in the game's main menu

MB ? an bios version
asus p5qse, latest bios

Maybe dust too? It could be in the H50.
Without additional info, I would say it sounds like a dust bunny is crashing your games. If the gpu temps aren't really high then mabye it's the psu.

I speak from personal experience where replacing the PSU solved my crashes like magic.
@ NI3 and Masteroderus : nope. i just upgraded the case (went from HAF932 to Corsair 650D) and changed my PSU to a new corsair one. so by changing the case, I did a full cleanup of all the parts, H50 included, the psu is brand new, video card came in like a week after that. I could play games fine for about a week before it started crashing 3 days ago.

clouter

Describe the crash?
well... for example in Crysis 2, I load up the game via Steam, get to the main menu, clic on "resume campaign" then there's the load screen, and when the loading finishes, screen goes black and monitor says "no signal", and nothing happens so I have to reset the computer

in GTA4, I load the game, I have the rockstar intro, then I get to the menu where I select "New Game" (I just reinstalled it) so there's the loading where you see the images of the characters, then I see "First Mission", and then you have the audio that starts with Roman yelling, and then I can see Niko for like a fraction of a second (image being generated by graphics card) and the screen goes black with "no signal" and after like 10 seconds the audio will hang up and I have to reset the computer

cpu temps are fine, have been fine for two years
gpu temps are fine

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter