What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

gaming headsets have really gone hi-fi!

Mr. Friendly

headsets have usually been a little lack luster in their performance for anything but the niche they were built for while you could listen to music, it wasn't anything special.

well, it seems headsets are now hitting their hi-fi stride as since the success of the Mobius from Audeze, more options have appeared. Audeze also released the LCD-GX and today, Hifiman announced the Ananda-BT! while the Mobius is wireless, the Ananda-BT's actual competition will be the LCD-GX, as their prices are within spitting distance of each other. I look forward to hearing about how they compare!

Audeze Mobius Wireless Headset

Audeze LCD-GX Wired Headset

Hifiman Ananda-BT Wireless Headset

Lpfan4ever

They're fancy and all, but a GSX1000 + HD58X (or HE400 if you wanna stay planar) + Mod Mic will be much cheaper and get you 95% of the way. The Mobius is alright for the price if you must have wireless.

Mr. Friendly

you're right...but you're not getting the audio quality. the HD58x and HE-400i/s are both solidly in the Mid-Fi range. nothing could compare to them, but if you wanted a solid single device that would do it all the best possible, the LCD-GX and Ananda-BT are where you would look.

and happily, the Ananda-BT actually answers a request for a niche that's had no options until it's announcement. wireless, open back headphones, planar magnetic to boot! most people see wireless as what you want for when you're on the go and in that case, everything is closed back so you don't tick off everyone around you. in this case, we're seeing consideration of the convenience factor, where wired headphones through a DAC and AMP have always been better. now we have something that hopefully gives you wired quality without the snag of cables. you can wander around your house and still enjoy high quality sound.

supaflyx3

The ananda-bt is in no way a pair of gaming headphones, Bluetooth is the LAST thing you want to use for gaming. If you want a good pair of wireless gaming headphones they have to be RF & use the technologies Logitech & Corsair use in their mice for low latency. Bluetooth is just a bad time

Mr. Friendly

The ananda-bt is in no way a pair of gaming headphones, Bluetooth is the LAST thing you want to use for gaming. If you want a good pair of wireless gaming headphones they have to be RF & use the technologies Logitech & Corsair use in their mice for low latency. Bluetooth is just a bad time
the success of the Audeze Mobius prove you wrong, however on the whole, you are right for the most part. if implemented properly, it works!

Lysrin

I really like the idea of a good sound quality wireless headset for gaming, I'm always fighting with the cord getting wrapped around a joystick or whatever, but I would definitely want to stay open-back and those options are little to rich for blood I think. Look nice though!

Mr. Friendly

I really like the idea of a good sound quality wireless headset for gaming, I'm always fighting with the cord getting wrapped around a joystick or whatever, but I would definitely want to stay open-back and those options are little to rich for blood I think. Look nice though!
indeed, they aren't cheap, but they're true hi-fi...not mid-fi or low-fi, true hi-fi. step up beyond $1000 USD and you get into summit-fi, and that's a whole nother rabbit hole. I've listened to the HiFiMan HE-1000 v2's and now I'm corrupted for life. :(

Lysrin

indeed, they aren't cheap, but they're true hi-fi...not mid-fi or low-fi, true hi-fi. step up beyond $1000 USD and you get into summit-fi, and that's a whole nother rabbit hole. I've listened to the HiFiMan HE-1000 v2's and now I'm corrupted for life. :(
Yeah, I guess that's why there is truth to the saying "Ignorance is bliss." ;) It's best for me to stay ignorant for now I think lol

Entz

I still like the idea of a good set of cans and a modmic, but at least people are getting a good choice if they want an all in one over say cheap massively marked up trash.

the success of the Audeze Mobius prove you wrong, however on the whole, you are right for the most part. if implemented properly, it works!
The Mobius connects via USB or wired audio as well, so you don't have to use Bluetooth. I would expect most people doing actual critical listening/testing wouldn't either. but this is really a 32kbps MP3 vs 1TB/s FLAC debate really...

Mr. Friendly

yes...there is truth in that ignorance is bliss for many a think and it definitely applies to audio. I honestly never thought that you would be able to tell how good a $4000 headphone would be. I was wrong...so wrong! that said, having that moment...the epiphany when you hear audio for the first time, it's one of those moments in life you will never forget. so while ignorance is bliss...it's also a great disservice to yourself. ;)

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter