What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

gaming is a slideshow

chrisk

Folding Captain
Do you use anything like Afterburner, etc to OC (I realize you mentioned stock) or monitor the card? Maybe its in 2D mode while gaming.

I agree though...install the latest drivers, but make sure that you select 'clean install' as an option. Should be no need for a complete format though.

MARSTG

Do you use anything like Afterburner, etc to OC (I realize you mentioned stock) or monitor the card? Maybe its in 2D mode while gaming.

I agree though...install the latest drivers, but make sure that you select 'clean install' as an option. Should be no need for a complete format though.

Yeah captain, this is coming after a clean install, I had the rig down 2 days, then I performed a clean install, Win 7, driver 260.99. For the game, in Nvidia control panel, I selected performance mode precisely, and I am using EVGA Precision for monitoring only, no OC. Curious, while gaming however, the card is not reaching the temps under folding, is like 10 deg cooler, stays under 70, while on folding stays at 78-81. Clean Install was chosen for the present driver, 285.xx, whql. But seems to be a game issue, is freezing a lot after finishing new races, after i go to them for second time after freezing, works fine.

KaptCrunch

But seems to be a game issue, is freezing a lot after finishing new races, after i go to them for second time after freezing, works fine.

seems 64bit OS don't play well game 32bit memory key registers thats why second time round plays OK

MARSTG

well, then I am glad is only that. After all, NFS Carbon was released in 2006. I am downloading The Run, but is fxxxxxxx big, 15GB

MARSTG

I reversed back to 260.99 because I would like to watch my movies fine while folding, game has returned to it's usual slideshow sequence, but I will create a Virtual Box installation of Win XP for gaming older stuff. Like this I will have everything. Maybe a RAM upgrade might be worth another 2-4 GB of ram, now that is dirt cheap.

MARSTG

on the same mobo with the GT240 and 9800GX2 I created a crossfire setup with a Radeon 4350 and a 4550. The crossfire setup has no issues and the game moves fluid like it should even in new races. I am using the latest drivers. go figure

clshades

You shouldn't be playing games while folding dude... If you have installed any kind of software like asus suite or nvidia networking software OTHER than the network drivers then uninstall them. I played around with asus network tweaker software that was supposed to prioritize programs but all it did was create choppy gaming. I was getting 20 fps playing MW2 when I can max that game out no problem.

MARSTG

You shouldn't be playing games while folding dude...

well, i am playing with the crossfire setup while the other 2 are folding, and the SMP is stopped, because takes too much RAM. But I have some issues with the rendering, i think the crossfire setup is not the best for this task, res is 1024x768, i guess i should downgrade it a bit. And while I wanted to play with the nvidia cards I got the message that I need to use latest NV drivers for that, exactly the ones that make my movies choppy. On top of that I am not allowed to play on the VM machine, I can do anything else besides playing, even with the experimental D3D setup installed. I guess in this case I will be looking at a more powerful Radeon card for playing NFS The run, maybe a 4670 or a 5570 or 5670.

Latest posts